Chapter Nine

(Picture of Tayshawn, Tyree, Travis & Rico)

[Rayan]

My bitch mother woke me up at four o'clock in the morning and cut on the light just to tell me that I had a "visitor". Who the hell in they right mind decided four in the morning was the perfect time to visit someone anyway?

I swear she be lying just to annoy me. I had turned back over attempting to fall back to sleep but then she told me that it was Santo.

I shot her a slug over my shoulder. I still didn't believe her, that is, until Santo slowly stepped in the doorway.

He had his hands shoved in his pockets and he was looking down at the floor, his hat covering most of his face.

"Make that bed up in the guest room for him and let him borrow some of your pajamas tonight." was all my bitch mother said before disappearing.

Alright...

I was so fuckin' comfortable but I had enough strength to sit up and rub the crud out of my eyes. "Whatcha doin' here?" I asked in a groggily voice, squinting up at him. My eyes were burning and the light wasn't making it any better.

When he looked up, I immediately could tell that he had been crying. For a while actually. His face was still red and his eyes looked misty.

He just shrugged and whispered, "I just wanna go to sleep."

No doubt something bad had happened. I wasn't stupid. But by the looks of it, he didn't wanna talk about it so I just left it where it was at.

I nodded, pulling the covers back and got up to search my closet for some comfortable clothes that he could wear.

"Can I use your shower real quick?" He mumbled, grabbing the clothes and looking at the floor again.

I handed him a towel to dry off with and shrugged. "Do whatcha need to do."

He mumbled a quick "thanks" before heading into the bathroom.

I wasn't even tired anymore so I just sat at the edge of my bed and waited for him to get out so I could walk him to the guest room even though he knew where it was. We practically lived over each others houses.

When he came out of the bathroom, I stood up and raised an eyebrow. "You ain't hungry or anything?" He just shook his head and I shrugged, walking out into the hallway.

He followed me slowly to the end of the hall in silence. He was kinda walking funny like he was constipated or something was stuck between his legs.

I wanted to ask him if he was okay but I bit my lip and went against it.

"Good night." He mumbled, backing up in the room, finally looking at me. I've never seen Santo like this before. He looked so...broken and it was bothering me. I didn't know what to say because I wanted to help him.

I couldn't find the right words but he quickly fixed the issue by closing the door in my face.

~+~

(In the morning)

I sat at the table in the kitchen, shoving a spoonful of Apple Jacks into my mouth, replying back to some of the good morning texts my hoes liked to send me.

I barely went back to sleep last night. Santo was on my mind but not like in a gay sort of way but since he was like a brother to me, I cared about him.

I wanted him to tell me what was wrong. I wanted to help him out. He usually spent the night at my house whenever there was something wrong at his house so I figured that something went down...like maybe him and his mom got into an argument or something.