Ch28 : Move On But Dont Forget

Start from the beginning

(Riley's P.O.V)

I want to die, not Lilly. I deserve it, she doesn't. My family is up there waiting, and my life doesn't have any meaning. Why? I really really really despise that word.

Lilly was only 13 years old. With the perfect life. Famous, had friends, brothers, sisters, people crush on her, her bubbly personality. But her world got ripped away. I don't want this. It can't happen, it's just. . . I want her back. I want them back. I want everyone back. I want to have a drama-free life again.

I was still sobbing by the time we made it back to the house, and the boys and girls would try to comfort me.

"Riley. Please, calm down, we are hurt like you are, but Lilly would love it if you stopped crying," Liam whispered, hugging me. I nodded and took deep breath. I went up to my room and sat on my bed. Feeling fatigued, I let sleep take over me and I slowly fell in a deep sleep.

--------

I woke up a bit and felt the bed dip down beside me. I slowly peeled my eyes open and saw the one person I needed the most right now. Jake. I smiled, sat up and hugged him.

He rubbed my back. "Are you okay, Ri?" Jake asked. I was about to nod, then I decided not to lie about my feelings anymore. I shook my head. He pulled away from the embrace and held my shoulders.

     Jake shook his head. "Lilly is watching us right now, Riley. She loves us. She loves you. And she doesn't want to see you in pain, and neither do I. So please smile for me. For once. Stay happy Riley." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, and I blushed. I melted into his brown eyes and smiled. Jake could do the simplest thing and I would smile. I really like him.

    "There's that smile." He cheered. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. I blushed again as he grabbed my hand. "Come on, get ready, we need to help Lilly's boyfriend," Jake snickered, as I got up. I laughed at his remark.

     Cal and Lilly acted so close, they seemed like a couple. It was adorable. They always said they will only be best friends, but we knew that wasn't going to last long. But it was. They got ripped apart. Broken.

     I walked downstairs and saw the boys, 5SOS, Mary and Brooke. They smiled when they saw me up and going around, not locking myself in my room. I was mostly proud of Louis though, we were both in the same position, losing our families. Harry came up and hugged me, saying, "I love you."

     I smiled widely. "I love you too." And I could tell he was proud and happy of me.

     After, I ran to Louis and he squeezed me tight. He whispered into my ear. "I saw what happened, we'll talk later." I don't know what he was talking about, but I nodded. I looked to Liam.

     "Li, can I go to Lilly's boyfriend's house with Jake?" I asked, innocently. The boys' eyes got wide.

     "LILLY HAD A BOYFREIND?!" Niall, Louis, Calum, Ashton, Liam, and Zayn screamed all at the same time. Harry, Luke, and Mikey just smirked, acting like: 'yeah I knew she was gonna have one soon.' My eyes got wide.

     "No, no no. It's a joke, they just act like a couple, but Lilly and Cal are just friends," I explained, laughing. Jake, Mary and Brooke were laughing behind us.

     "Okay, but yeah, go ahead, but be careful, okay? And be back by 7:00," Liam answered. I nodded, grabbed Jake's, Mary's, and Brooke's hands, and dragged them outside. They finally caught their breaths and we walked down to Cal's house.

     ----------

     We knocked on Cal's house and the door opened. His mum answered. "Hey guys, what do you need?" She asked kindly.