⚜ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 ʟɪʟʟɪᴀɴ⚜

You know that sensation of falling in your sleep? Multiply it four times, to accurately describe Lillian's present situation

You know that sensation of falling in your sleep? Multiply it four times, to accurately describe Lillian's present situation. It would sound funny, if it were restricted to just being a feeling, and not reality.

A loud gasp escaped her lips as her eyes flew open, and she found herself falling down from God knew where. She twisted and turned frantically in midair, trying to scream out loud. But her mouth only opened in silence. It was like watching a movie on a poor quality server, where the audio always lagged behind the the character's dialogue. A moment later, Lillian could hear the terrifying screech she could only identify as her very own scream.

The air slapped wildy against her face, her dark hair obstructing her view. The environment around her was just as dark and gloomy, and it almost felt like she was falling down a hole. But just then, she was proved wrong. A flash of white light blinded her for merely three seconds, before her vision adjusted to the night time city towards which she was hurtling at top speed. Again, only a terrifying, helpless scream escaped her throat.

A sensation of butterflies fluttering on a terribly large scale emerged in her stomach, making her overly nauseous. She closed her eyes tight in frantic fear, waiting for the inevitable to take place. And then, she hit the ground. Lillian waited for the strong impact to jolt her body with unbearable pain and numerous broken bones. Instead, only a familiar ache of being pushed really hard towards the ground spread across the limbs.

Not that it didn't hurt, but it was far less than what Lillian had been expecting.

'Oh god——' she groaned as she slowly sat up.

She tried to get up on her feet, and was successful after a little bit of staggering and stumbling. Lillian dusted off her clothes, and hands and looked around. The spot on which she had landed had made the ground around it crack, literally. It was almost like someone had thrown the Hulk  there. She looked up, only to find a city, very much intact and normal looking. The street lights were on, buildings surrounded her, shops and boutiques having signs say "OPEN", it was all normal.

Except, there was not a single soul in sight. Not even one. Lillian could literally hear the soft rattling of an umbrella rod over a table in a restaurant nearby as the wind shook it slowly. It was all so weird.

'I want to wake up from this dream already.' she murmured to herself.

'I'm afraid that's not how this works, Miss Jones,' a melodious voice interrupted.

Lillian nearly jumped, as she turned around to face the owner of the voice. She was left astonished, for a woman of utmost beauty stood before her, a smile not so genuine plastered on her flawless face. Her skin was so white, maybe whiter than snow, and lips so red they look like blood itself, and hair, oh her hair was darker than night itself. A fine and sculpted face like hers would take away the breath of anyone who set their eyes on her.

But what caught Lillian's attention the most, and, caused slight fear and nervousness were her glowing, red, ember irises. Her eyes were like glowing red flames. Lillian continued to gape at her shamelessly, until the woman cleared her throat.