⚜ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ⚜

Fear

Fear. Panic. Terror. Anxiety.

It is what sums up a nightmare, does it not? Indeed. They are the core aspects of a nightmare.

Do you know what a nightmare truly is? You may want to reconsider your knowledge on that. May. Not must.

Psychologically speaking, it is the activity of the human brain that takes place during the REM sleep period. REM stands for Rapid Eye Movement, in case you were wondering. Dreams are usually fragmented parts of information that is generated into a "story", and played to us while we are asleep. The dreamer is almost always in a constant state of paralysis during the process, unless awoken with the help of an effective stimulus.

Too much science? We apologize. But you must know yourself.

As spoken above, dreams are the activity of the brain during a period when a person is deep in sleep, and has no consciousness of his/her actual surroundings. When a person suffers from anxiety, depression, stress or fear, theses dreams become inclusive to the negative emotions and thus, result in creating an unpleasant, terrifying nightmare. Once awake, he/she can easily recall the intricate details of the nightmare easily. Well, most often at least.

It is completely ordinary for a person to have a nightmare. It's what makes you human. But it isn't when it disrupts your social behaviour and morale towards yourself and others. When such a thing becomes quite frequent, it is most appropriately termed as "Nightmare Disorder". It also sometimes leads to a development of extreme phobic behaviour in a person.

Once fear gets a hold of the victim, oh well. I don't think we have to describe the extreme situations when that happens.

Is it hard to believe? Of course not! It's science. It's a logical, rational explanation for those few people who had suffered from severe Nightmare Disorders and developed phobic behaviour, or sleep walked themselves off the terrace or the balcony. Or began to suffer from schizophrenia. Or just plain fear of things as simple as, don't know, maybe a butterfly?

Well apparently, science doesn't cover up all the facts.

It just doesn't end here. There's so much more to it. So much, that we still don't know. So much to understand, if we are to save ourselves. Dreams come to us for a reason. They hold some reality. And so do nightmares. They are equally important. You can't ignore them. Especially when you are in one. Especially, when the only way to get out, is to wake up. Or die. Our fears are what make our nightmares what they truly are.

Some of us don't have a choice, you see. They see what their subconscious wants to show. It wants to warn them. To warn us.

The reality we think, doesn't just end right here. There is so much more, hidden from the common minds. Only those with  the affinity to see can realise what our reality truly is. And how fear dominates it. This fear is what makes us weak. Or strong. This fear is what may make, or break our world. And only people like us can see that. Only when we are meant to see it.

It's our fault. The stronger our fear, the more terrifying and real it gets. Fear leads to terror. Terror in turn leads to pure anxiety. And that, evidently leads to one, and particularly one thing.

A horrifying nightmare.

One that you can never leave. One, where you will remain for eternity. A whole new world. That will bring chaos and oblivion to our world.

All because a few of us let our fear dominate us. You can't really blame anyone. It's inevitable. The mind is not something so easy to keep in control. It can wander of as far as it wants to, and there's nothing you do to stop it. But the stronger you let your fear become, the harder it will be to escape.

We created them. Now, we must escape them.

 Now, we must escape them