⚜ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 ᴏᴍᴀɪᴍᴀ⚜

'Well, yes I can manage projects and deadlines pretty well

'Well, yes I can manage projects and deadlines pretty well. I also mentioned it— Sorry? No I'm not Mary Margaret, my name's Omaima Akbar. Omaima—Hello? Hello! Dammit!' Omaima slammed the phone onto the table.

Her landlady watched her sympathetically as she put a tray of freshly baked cookies on the kitchen counter. The old woman lived alone. She claimed to be happy the way she was, yet one couldn't help but wonder what made her take that decision. She was a kind and sweet soul, and Omaima knew she couldn't be thankful enough.

'I'm guessing it went alright then?' She piped in.

'Really? What gave it away?' Omaima replied sarcastically.

The woman drew out a chair and sat beside her at the dining table. She held her hand in hers.

'Oh, Omi dear. You really shouldn't let it get to you. You are meant for something more greater!' She consoled.

Omi sighed. 'Really?  Well I sure do pray that whatever "greatness" I'm meant for, it exists. The guy didn't even know my name! What kind of interview was that!'

The woman smiled sadly.

'Well it helped you figure out how unprofessional the job was for a qualified young lady like you. I'll tell you what. A few years from now, you'll be a CEO of a company and bloody filthy rich!' She exclaimed.

Omi broke into a short laughter.

'Thank you Mrs Cheshire. It really means a lot.'

'Nonsense, dear. I'm just looking out for you. You don't have to thank someone for doing their duty as a human being,' she replied.

Omi smiled and nodded slowly.

'Oh good heavens! It's almost past midnight. Look at the time pass. Now off you go to bed, young lady!' Mrs Cheshire scolded.

'Yes, ma'am. Good night, Mrs Cheshire.' Omi called after her as she turned to leave.

'Yes, a very good night to you too.' She yawned and closed the door behind her.

A soft click indicated that the door was closed, and that she was alone in her apartment. Omi could literally hear the crickets in the garden. She went to her balcony and drew back the curtain, to see the full moon, shining big and bright in all its glory.
The silver celestial ball in the sky was one of her greatest sources of inspiration, for one of her most successful online book so far. She stared at it with a content smile, before closing the curtains.

Finding a job in a new town was quite harder than she'd anticipated. But Dromville seemed to be a good place to start. Just a two hour drive away from her home in Sunnyvale, she could visit her parents every weekend . But Omi didn't want to. Not until she was capable of giving her parents good news on any kind of progress she was making in life.

Not that they were very demanding and adamant that she better bring them pride for all the twenty two years of effort they put to make her what she is today. No, they were very understanding, and wanted to see their daughter happy and content with whatever she had achieved. And though they wouldn't show any sort of negative emotions when Omi repeatedly gave them the same old excuse of "they're still looking into it" every time they met or called, she knew very well how much worried they would be internally.