"God, this place is incredible, V!", Faye explores around. "The store's bigger than our damn apartment!"

"Hello, ladies." A young woman with long blonde hair approaches us. She's wearing a crisp, white uniform and her name tag looks like it's made out of marble like the counters.

Is that even necessary?

"I'm Renee", she smiles. I know a fake smile when I see one. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

Yeah, you can wipe that smile off your face and fuck off.

"Actually", Faye strides over to the mannequin in the window. "We'd like to try that dress on". She points to a beautiful, floor length gown. It was a blush pink chiffon with a sweetheart neckline. The sleeves were rousched and encrusted in what looked like Swarovski crystals. 

"Very well", the associate purses her lips. "You can walk into the dressing room right over there and I'll bring it over for you to try on. She points to the door behind me and I nod, narrowing my eyes at Faye.

"Damn it, Faye", I whisper harshly. "I can't afford this dress! Why do I have to try it on!?" She's pushes me into the dressing room and slams the door. She grabs the dress from the associate and throws it over.

"Just try it on!", she orders. I'll be over by the accessories, let me know when you're ready for me to see!" I can hear her heels click away into the distance as I stare at the door in front of me. I pull the dress down off the ledge and begrudgingly put it on.

Good God, this is tight. Thank God the zipper's on the side.

The dress is a good fit, but for some reason I feel restricted. I finally get myself into the dress and smooth it out as I look into the mirror.

Oh, wow.

Im not going to lie, I actually loved it. The dress hugged all my curves in all the right places. The bejeweled straps rested loosely on my shoulders and the hem just barely grazed the floor. For the first time, I felt like a princess. My excitement is short lived when I pull out the price tag from the zipper.

$2,000!? Two thousand fucking dollars!? That was a down payment on a car, are they insane!?

I knew I wasn't going to be able to afford this dress, no chance in hell. Just as I'm about to take the dress off, I hear chatter on the other side of my door. It sounded like the store associate from earlier and possibly another employee.

"Did you see those homeless girls that walked in here earlier?", one says.

"Yeah, you mean the walking advertisements for the Salvation Army?", the other chuckles.

Those bitches! I press my ear to the door to get a better listen.

"God, what are they even doing in here?"

"I don't know, they asked to try on that Marchesa dress in the window. We're probably going to have to have it steam cleaned now that her Goodwill fingers have touched it".

I could hear them both laugh as they walk away. I have no room to even be upset, I can hear my pulse pound in my ears and my blood was boiling under my skin. I hastily pull the dress off of me and quickly throw on my clothes.

These bitches are gonna get it now.

I swing open the door, dress in hand and stomp my way out of the dressing room. I spot the associate from earlier and head over to the register.