14. Pig

VICTORIA POV

It was the night of the party and I was failing to apply makeup on my face.

"God, Faye!", I cry out. "Help!" I'm fighting with the eyeshadow and I'm losing.

"Oh, Christ on a cracker", Faye quips, her eyes widen as our eyes meet in the mirror. "What's that shit on your eye?" She comes over and violently rubs the eye shadow off my eyes.

"It's eyeshadow, ugh", I growl in defeat. I drop the palette into the sink. "I give up, I'm not going".

Faye rolls her eye. "Oh, stop it. You are going. Here", she scolds. She grabs a makeup remover wipe and clears off my face. She disappears into her room for a second only to come back with an old pink Caboodle makeup case. She sets it down onto the sink next to me and opens it up to reveal her treasure trove of cosmetics. "Thank God, you're not butt ugly 'cause we don't have much time", she cackles.

"Just make me look upper middle class, will ya!?", I spit. She dabs the makeup brush on my face as she smacks away at her gum, snickering.

"One 'Nuclear-family-in-a-single-family-home-with-an-affordable-mortgage comin' right up!", she laughs.

After a few swipes her of brush and a couple dabs of her fingers, Faye finishes up my look. "Damn, you look good!"

"Damn, you did make me look good!", I say. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous. Faye wears blue eyeshadow daily and I was terrified that she was going to do the same to me.

"Nah, girl. Your face makes you look good. Now, come on. Put on the dress!", she pushes me off the counter and into my bedroom. I grab the hanger off the hook and slide into my dress. It was the prettiest canary yellow satin with a halter neckline. It cinched perfectly at my waist and draped onto the floor. The best part of it all was that it was a Ralph Lauren and I found it at none other than at a thrift store.

"Aw, V! You're beautiful!", Faye gushes. She quickly ushers me into the bathroom again to fix my hair. She curls it a bit at the bottom and flips it to one side. My whole look gave me an old Hollywood vibe and I loved it. I had never caked on this much makeup before or worn something like this, but I felt like a princess tonight. I take another good look at myself before I hear a knock at the door.

"Wow", is all Benji could say when he saw me from the doorway. Before I could say anything, he takes no time to grab my face and lay his lips on mine. His kiss was soft and gentle, but his hands held onto me like he was afraid I was nothing but a dream. He pulls away and caresses my bottom lip with his thumb. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen", he whispers. I can't help but smile as my heart leaps out of my chest.

"Uh, still here", Faye waves at Benji. "Hey, Benjamin".

Oops. Forgot she was there.

"Okay, come on. Let Mom get a picture, you two", she demands. She pulls out her phone and waits on us. Benji and I both roll our eyes and pose to make her happy.

"Frickin' cute as shit!", she shouts. "Oh, by the way, Paul and I got back together. Love you, bye!" She hurriedly pushes us out the door before I could respond.

"Wait, Wha—"

"Bye!!!!", Faye slams the door in my face.

"God. I can't believe her and Paul are back together. Again". I roll my eyes as I look out the window.

"Again? How many times have they gotten back together?", Benji laughs. He shoots me a quick glance as he drives and I can't help but to smile. He was wearing a clean black tuxedo tonight and he smelled a little woodsy, masculine. I loved it. His hair was coiffed in that nice, sleek gentleman's cut of his and he shaved clean so his jawline looked sharper than usual.