00:23

the plane trip was nothing short of a horrible time.

luna had nothing against children, however when they're crying the whole seventeen hours on a plane, they tend to get annoying.

the weather in australia remained just as shitty as when luna was last here.

it was a humid day, rainy, but the sun was out and it was fucking hot. a day anybody hates.

she begun to walk towards the exit, contemplating on catching the city train home or getting an uber.

choosing the uber option, she watched on her phone screen, the ubers route being tracked: ten minutes away.

the wait for the uber mainly consisted of luna tapping her feet to a beat inside her head. she sighed, annoyance evident in her furrowed eyebrows.

where is he—luna thought. her thoughts being processed quicker than she thought as the uber rips around the corner and pulls up right beside her.

mumbling a quick 'hi' she threw her suit case in the back.

"so where did you come from? brisbane? melbourne?" the uber driver asked, luna plomping down in the passenger seat beside him.

"los angeles" she smiled, rolling down the window.

the uber driver nodded his head, turning the radio up to fill the jaw renching silence.

in the twenty minute uber ride, luna became very vervous. she knew that any minute now she would be arriving to her family's estate that she's grown unfamiliar with. she barely even remembers the number of the house.

pulling up out the front of the gated home, she pulls her suit case out of the back seat and thanks tony, the uber driver, before he drove off into the distance.

well, theres no going back now.

looking around, her surroundings were different. across the road. their never used to be a house there, at the end of the street their used to be a corner store, it seems like it's been shut down.

texting her father, she let him know that she was out the front.

within seconds, she hears the gate beep and it opened for her to walk inside.

luna was taken aback by all the new appliances that her dad did with the family home.

she stepped onto the front porch, ringing the door bell once.

a few seconds pass before an all too familiar face opens the door.

"d-dasha?" luna smiled. it was already beginning to feel like home again.

"luna. long time no see" dasha responded, causing a giggle to escape luna's mouth.

dasha. dasha is luna's sister. the only person in the harvington family that truly believed in luna.

pulling dasha into the biggest bear hug she thinks she's ever acheived, her dad appears in the hallway. its now or never. no escaping now.

pulling away, dasha clears her throat and signals that she'll leave the two alone to chat before she scatters into a different part of the house.

luna's father, mark, stood with a tear in his eye. he hasn't seen his daughter in four and a half years. barely even heard from her.

"hi lu" mark finally broke the silence, luna pursed her lips, walking slowly towards him.

"hi dad. where's mum?" luna asked, looking around the living room.

taking a seat on the huge white comforable couch.

mark's mouth created an 'O' shape as he looked at luna with confusion.

"dasha....didn't tell you?" mark stuttered.

"t-tell me what?" she chuckled a little, her eyes wide open. she did feel a little worried, although she knows she's probably just out getting dinner.

"she died, a little under a year ago-luna. i'm so sorry nobody told you- dasha was suppose-" luna cut him off as she stood up.

"how did she die." she simple asked.

"she, sweetheart, she commited suicide"