00:08

the chapter where it really starts

the long weekend rolled by quickly, luna's alarm blaring, mixed with knocks on her door.

she got up, slipping on her dressing gown that layed on the floor, running out of her room, checking to see if kenzie was in her room; she wasnt.

opening the door wide open, her eyes scrunched up as she opened one.

he stood there with a tan cardican under a black leather jacket, his hair fell on either side of his face, landing just above his shoulders, in the cold winter air his eyes were a darker blue then she remembered, as he shivered, she grabbed his arm, pulling him inside to the warmth.

it was 4:30am and usually luna would rest on doing a little makeup, but today she decided on going bare.

running over to the kettle, switching it on as she ran past luke into the bathroom, cleaning herself up, getting changed into her work attire.

luke sat in the living room, admiring everything in sight of luna's apartment.

he noticed that she liked do decorate, she had a picture frame that hung on the wall, it was rather quite a massive picture frame, the frame was white, fairy lights taped to it, with gems hanging from the individual lights that werent lit up at this moment. it contained pictures of luna and kenzie, a few other photos with people luke had never seen before.

luna came skipping from the bathroom, just as the kettle ticked, letting her know that the water was boiled.

asking luke how many sugars he liked, he responded with none.

after a short debate on whether milk belongs in tea or not, luke being the one that doesnt think milk belongs with tea, luna being brought up in a family where everybody uses milk in their tea, so she's prone to it. luke decided on giving up against luna's argument.

five minutes later, they're in luke's car, sitting in the apartment parking lot, waiting for luke's heater to warm the both of them up.

the windscreen wiper swiped over the glass sheild infront of them, evident that rain had hit pretty hard while they were fighting over tea.

luna's legs tapped to the music, suddenly she remembered that arzaylea had interracted with her.

she wanted to bring it up to luke, but she didnt exactly know him well enough to know how he'd take it, suddenly the words slipped from her mouth.

"who's arzaylea?"

luke stared blankly at the road infront of him, his knuckles turning white as the pressure in his hand tightened the wheel.

"my ex girlfriend" he replied quickly, blinking fastly, quickening the speed almost as if he wanted to drop luna off quicker to avoid this conversation.

"i'm only asking because she texted me-"

"she what?" luke exclaimed, looking over at luna, his face looking lifeless, luna kind of felt scared.

she felt stupid for even bringing up this woman.

"s-she told me that you aren't what you seem" luna admitted, her hands placed tightly inbetween her thighs as she didn't dare to look at the man beside her.

his fist hit the steering wheel, causing a beep to emerge from the horn.

letting out a small huff, he quickly looked at the road infront of him before turning to face her.

"well, that's none of her business-"

looking back at the road another time,

"its for you to find out for yourse-"

"luke!" luna exclaimed, the impact of the truck hitting the side of luke's car broke a window, sending the airbags into action as the impact knocked luna unconscious, sending them sliding into another car.

luna's eyes fluttered open, her eyes feeling heavy, just coming back into consciousness.

before it even started, it ended. smoke rushed from the bonnet of the car, luna looked over to see if luke was okay—he wasn't moving.

"luke" luna whispered, her lungs aching as she tried to move over to try to help luke a little more, an aching pain in her knee, looking down, she could see the a bone wasnt in the right place, a stinging pain sent right to her knee again, causing her to hiss.

looking around, luna could see police officers and ambulance's speeding upto to crash site, quickly getting out of their vehicles, running straight over to where luna and luke we're located.

if luna wouldn't have brought up that woman, they wouldn't even be in this mess, she began to mentally hit herself, as she couldn't physically do so.

"help him first" luna choked as a police officer came to the side luna was sat on, pointing to luke, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"sweetie, we can't get him out unless we get you out first. his door is unable to be opened." the police woman explained to luna as she opened luna's door.

ordering another officer to help her, medics gathered around with a carry-bed to help luna get into the ambulance.

she watched the best she could, an nurse by her side, checking all of her wounds as she watched them get luke out of the car, his limp body being placed onto the carry bed, followed into the same ambulance as luna.

her eyes filled with tears as she saw his lifeless looking body right next to her.

"is he okay?" she asked, her voice shaky from the tears.

"he's got a pulse, meaning he's still alive, he's unconscious, looks to be in a comatose state. he's going to be okay." the nurse explained to luna as she sniffled in relief, still grabbing luke's right hand, her thumb rubbing the back of his hand as she whispers,

"i'm so sorry,luke"