Chapter 14

Before we get started, I would like to say that I've never been to the Santa Monica Pier, well, actually I've never been to L.A, so please forgive me if I get things wrong. 

I wake up the next morning tightly wrapped in Sebastians arms. He looks so peaceful. I carefully wiggle out of his tight embrace, but try not to wake him up. I stand up and make sure he's still sleeping, which he is. I unplug my phone and head downstairs to make us breakfast. When I get downstairs, I walk into the kitchen and turn on my phone, it's 8:30. I unlock it and play some music, but quietly. Chelsea Cutler - Your Shirt comes on and I quietly sing along as I get the things I'll need to make eggs, bacon, and toast. I start the eggs, I'll be doing the toast close to last because it takes the least amount of time. As I start the eggs Mr. Probz - Space For Two comes on. I sing along as I stir the eggs around. I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. He kisses my neck and I tilt my head to the side. He kisses my neck a few more times then whispers "Morning Doll." I turn around in his arms and smile. "Mmmm, morning Sebby." I say and kiss him before I turn around and stir the eggs a little more so they don't burn. He lets go of me and starts the bacon. "What song is this?" He asks . "It's Space For Two by Mr. Probz." I tell him. "Hm. I like it." He says, and puts a strip of bacon in the pan. It sizzles and he keeps adding more. Soon the air is filled with the delicious smell of bacon and eggs. I turn the heat off for the eggs and go to put some bread in the toaster. As I wait for the toast I lean on the counter and look at Seb. His hair is still messy, he's in a pair of track pants, no shirt, which is asking for disaster when cooking bacon. But he looks so cute. How did I get so lucky? I hear the toaster pop so I turn around and get the toast out. I put the four slices on a plate and head to the island to get the butter. "Ow! Shit!" I hear Seb cry out. I drop the butter back on the counter and walk over to him. He's got oil on the back of his hand. I quickly grab a box of salt from the cupboard and open it. I grab his wrist and put his hand over the counter. I dump a bunch of salt on the oil and tell him to keep still. He's got his other hand gripping the counter. "Hold your hand still and keep the salt on it for at least forty five more seconds, I'll be right back" I tell him, and go the washroom to get gauze, and some polysporin. Once I have it I walk back out to Seb. By now he can rinse the salt off. He sees me walk out and asks "Can the salt come off now?" I nod and he walks over to me by the sink. I turn on the water and wash off the salt and oil. I gently pat it dry with a piece of paper towel, and put it on the counter. His hand is shaking a little bit, but I know he has no control over it, it's normal for people with burns. I don't know how he got that much oil on him, but I'll ask later. Right now my concern is easing the pain and getting the burn bandaged. I apply a light coat of polysporin, but not to much. I the wrap the small roll of gauze over the back of his hand, through his thumb and pointer finger, around the palm of his hand and over the side of his hand. I tie it off and put the cap on the bottle of polysporin. "Does it feel better?" I ask as I gather up the medical items and put them on the island. I wipe up the salt from the counter with the paper I threw there earlier and throw it out. I walk over to the bacon and turn off the heat. They aren't burned, they're actually still edible. "Still stings a little, but it feels better, yeah. Thank you." He say. "You're welcome, and the stinging is normal." I tell him, and grab the items from the island. I walk to the bathroom and put them away. "So how did you get that much oil on you?" I ask as I walk back into the kitchen. I take the pans off the stove and put them on the counter. "I uh- I went to flip a piece of bacon, but it landed on my hand, and when I shook it off, oil from the pan splashed up and landed on the same place as the bacon." He explains with a laugh. "Good job" I laugh and start plating the food. I butter the toast and put two slices on each plate. I put both plates in front of a chair on the island and then grab some utensils. I sit next to Sebastian and hand him a fork and knife. I sit down and we start eating. "So, the burn shouldn't blister, but it'll be red and it'll sting for a while" I tell him after I swallow the food I put in my mouth. "Well at least it won't blister." He replies. We finish eating and clean up the kitchen. I try and force him to sit while I clean because of his hand, but, of course, he refused to let me do everything. He always has to be such a gentleman. I let him dry and put dishes away, but I do everything else. Once we're done, Sebastian goes up to his office to do something. I'm not sure what, he didn't tell me, but I won't pry unless I feel like it's affecting him in a bad way. I head outside and go sit by the fireplace. I text the group chat to see when we're going to the pier today.