27.

"Tell me one more time, where am I?

"Paris."

"How did I get here?"

"You landed here. Perhaps I brought you here. Peut-être c'est le destin."

"Destiny? I've been asking you these questions for hours and hours and you have refused to answer me up until this point. If fate had anything to do with this I would have gotten more answers." I watched the woman leaning against the pillar. 

She pushed her long, white hair out of her face and straightened up. Her French accent was thick when she spoke English, so thick I could hardly understand her.

I arrived in Paris as the sun began to set. I didn't have time to question how the hell I managed to travel with Mjölnir with such ease, I'd figure that out later. My main concern was the woman I was currently looking at. The 'witch', or so she called herself.

"You don't get it, do you? The entire universe as we know it is about to change. Des pouvoirs we have never seen before are about to be unleashed. The world is at war, the universe along with it. Ici," She offered me a tall glass of water, "bois ça."

I complied, taking a large sip of the drink and allowing the contents to relieve the dry itch in the back of my throat. 

"Tell me one thing," The old woman said, "If you didn't believe in fate, why haven't you left?"

I swallowed hard, momentarily stunned by her question. I wanted to say something, but my mind drew blank. 

"Something happened to you," she said, "something even you can't remember. Quelque chose qui a tout changé." Something that changed everything.

"How would I know if I can't remember?" I whispered, looking down at the glass in front of me.

"When you defeated the Goddess of Death, you shifted," my heart raced, "into... une autre dimension . Everybody you knew before the shift stayed the same, but after..."

"A different dimension? That's not possible.. Thor was there with me, so was Loki. Banner, Heimdall... they all saw me on that bridge." I breathed, "We all went on the space ship back to earth."

"Didn't you pass out after you defeated Hela? Silence, chere. Possible alternate realities exist, whether you like it or not. There's an alternate timeline out there you were supposed to be a part of, but that didn't happen. Instead, time led you here, to moi."