25.

"Come on, it's like you're not even trying! Push harder, I'm not made of glass!" Steve yelled from behind two black boxing gloves

"I am pushing," I panted, "You're going too fast." 

Steve's eyes looked black in the dull lighting of the training room and his usually perfectly groomed hair was a mess on the top of his head. I could see a thin stream of glistening sweat drip down his temple and into the collar of his shirt while his jaw was clenched shut, his lips pursed into a line so thin they almost became invisible. 

I held my right hand to my face to prevent Steve from punching me there and pushed my body outward, striking him in the stomach with my left. 

I was hoping he wouldn't see it coming,  but my exhaustion caused me to be slower than I would have liked and sloppier than Steve would like to see. He blocked my punch before it could even hit him and groaned in frustration, biting his lower lip to stop himself from yelling at me again. 

My hands trembled inside the gloves and my nostrils flared. I quickly wiped the sweat off my brow with my wrist and shook it off, allowing myself to breathe for a second while Steve seemed to become more annoyed with each passing second. 

"Is that all you got? I really hope it's not, because if it is I don't even know why I ever started training with you. I might as well tell Fury it's hopeless right now." He urged before pushing my shoulder roughly with his glove. 

I knew he was taunting me, pushing me mentally as well as physically. He was right, there was no pausing during battle, but that didn't mean I had to like it. 

I clenched my fists, ready for another round. I was pissed as hell and I wanted nothing more than to punch Steve in the face for being such a jerk, no matter how sweet and gentle he was outside the ring. In here, nothing mattered but the score and as it were right now, I was losing terribly. 

He taunted me, blocking my punches with such little effort it was kind of embarrassing and I couldn't help but to hope Tony wouldn't look back at the recorded tapes later. 

"Stop," I breathed, "for a second."

"Stop? What is this, high school gym class? In a real life situation, you don't get to say stop. The enemy won't stop, so neither will you, understood?" He barked. 

I nodded slowly and sniffed, once again wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. I smelled like sweat and felt the dirt and grime literally rolling down my back, but Steve was in no mood to quit when all I wanted to do was leave this place.