Whispering Playa (Interlude)

Tionne's POV

______________________________

I went searching everywhere and driving all around looking for Lisa, but I really couldn't find her. I drove back home and sat on the couch with my head in my hands, then Ro came sat next to me.

Ro: What's wrong?

Me: I fucked up.

Ro: What do you mean?

Me: I kissed CJ and now Lisa's gone.

Ro: What the hell you mean 'she's gone'?!

Me: She ran out and I went to look for her, but she's nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere Ro.

I said, tearing up. Then Ro started shaking her head at me.

Ro: I don't know what you were thinking, but she never would've done that to you. I can't deal with this, I really don't need to be stressed out right now.

She said, leaving the room. That made me feel even worst because I know Lisa would've never done that to me. I just don't know what came over me that day. How could I do that to such a sweet, innocent, person and now there's no telling where she is.

_______________________________

Rozonda's POV

_______________________________

It's been a week since Lisa's been gone, and Tee has been locked in her room, no doubt, crying. She's come out of the room a few times to get food, but other than that, she's been skipping her classes and not going to work, so I was starting to get worried for her as well as for Lisa. I went to her door and knocked.

Me: Tee... you okay?

Tee: Go away.

She usually wanted to be upset alone, so I left her alone, but it drew the line when I heard her throwing stuff in the room.

Me: Tee open this damn door.

Tee: No! Just leave me alone will you?!

Me: You do not need to be yelling Tionne. Open this door.

She still didn't open the door, so I had to settle for picking the lock. When I opened the door, the room looked a hot mess. There was stuff everywhere and on top of that, it smelled like weed. I looked at Tee and she was sitting by the wall holding a joint.

Tee: Ro. Leave the room.

Me: I'm not leaving anything. And since when did you start smoking?

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, so I walked up and took it from her.

Tee: I swear if you don't give it back.

She said, standing up.

Me: What you gonna do Tionne? Beat me up? Go ahead.

She stood there clenching her jaw.

Me: You need to get it together. I bet you ain't been taking any of your medicine either.

I know she wasn't listening to me because she was just looking at the joint.

Me: Where the hell did you get this anyway?

Tee: Don't worry about it.

She said reaching for it, but I pulled it back.

Me: This is a shame. Lisa's been gone a week and you'd rather sit in here rotting away and getting high rather than looking for her.

I threw the joint at her. And she picked it up.

Tee: Since you got all the ideas, why don't you do it yourself.

Me: Man, I can't even talk to you right now because you're high. I need to get out of this room before it affects the baby.

I walked out the room and slammed the door behind me. I really hope she gets it together.

______________________________

Lisa's POV

______________________________

It's been a week now and I haven't even considered going back to the campus or my apartment. I didn't really want to see Tee or Crystal at all, and I knew they were looking for me, so I just went where I knew no one would find me. I often hang out in the forest when I really need to reflect on things, so I found myself there the first day. I just sat at the base of a tree crying for a while, but eventually I got tired of feeling sorry for myself, so I went by Pac and asked him if I could stay with him for a while. Tee and Ro didn't talk to him much, so I knew I would be good for at least a few days. I was still upset that Tee and Crystal both betrayed me so, but I wasn't gonna let it make me depressed. I didn't need that to happen again.

Pac: Man Lisa, you can't be here much longer. I can't even bring no chicks over cuz you here.

Me: What that got to do with me? You can still bring them over.

Pac: I tried that and you know how it ended. She left cuz she thought I was with you.

Me: Sorry Pac, but I can't make myself go back just yet.

Pac: Why? You actin like you scared of them or somethin.

Me: I'm not. I just can't be around Tee or Crystal after they did that to me.

Pac: Look. How about we go get some forties and hang out?

Me: Alright.

I sighed. So we left and he bought some forties from the liquor store, then we went back to his place. He put on the game and I drank that.

Pac: All your relationships end crazy.

Me: I guess I'm not good at choosing people to love.

Pac: Maybe you need to try something new.

Me: Maybe..

I said shifting the bottle around in my hands and I looked at him. Then he looked at me and started smiling.

Pac: Why you starin at me?

Me: I was just thinkin about how funny that hair of yours looks.

I joked.

Pac: What's so funny about it?

Me: I don't know. It just is.

Pac: LeftEye, you are officially crazy.

Me: LeftEye? It was Lefty.

Pac: Oh.

Me: Why would you even think it's LeftEye? Where that even come from?

Pac: I don't know. Your left eye could look prettier than your right. I don't know, that's what I thought people were saying.

Me: That's like me callin you ToothPac.

We both started laughing.

Pac: My mistake Lefty.

Me: It's alright. I actually like LeftEye better.

Pac: Oh forreal?

I nodded. Hanging out with Pac was definitely what I needed to get out of the dumps. Maybe he was right about me needing to try something new..