Chapter 14: Beaten and Bruised

Mulai dari awal

"So your just gonna let her go home and possibly get beat more?"

"She's not going home, she'll stay with us for a while."

"Don't you think that's up to her? Besides we don't have any where for her to sleep." The woman argues.

"She can sleep in my bed?" Chance suggested.

"Can I trust her with you? It won't be another Fiona mistake will it?" The woman asked.

"How many times to I have to tell you, she came onto me!" Chance said harshly.

"I know. I just don't want something bad to happen." She said.

"It's okay, I'll keep her safe. I know I haven't known her long, but she makes me forget about Jazzy. She lost someone close to her as well. We understand each other."

"I bet you guys do, I'm glad she's making you happy. Just be careful and take care of her. It looks like she's been through enough." The woman said.

I start to gain a little bit of strength and groan as I open my eyes.

"Hey, doll. How're you feeling?" The woman asks.

"Like crap. What happened?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" Chance asks. I shake my head. Bad idea, now my head is pounding. I put my fingers on my temples to try and ease the pain but immediately wince in pain, taking my hand down. I try to sit up, but again wince in pain. My shirt is still raised, and I see purple, black, and red bruises covering my stomach. You can hardly see the real color of my skin, they're so many.

"Hon, you need to lay down. We're probably going to have to take you to a hospital." The woman said.

"What? No!" I said trying to sit up again.

"Elia, lie down," Chance says with a pleading look. "This could be really serious, you've seen the bruises."

"Please, I don't want to go to the hospital." I say trying to convince them.

"Okay, how about we make a deal." The woman says. I nod, waiting for her to continue. "I'm Teresa, Chance's mom, by the way. You can call me Terry though. Jut don't call me Mrs. Hale, it makes me feel old."

I laugh but then wince. "Oh okay. I'm Eliana, I go by Ellie though."

"The deal is, we'll keep you here overnight. If you don't remember in the morning then we'll take you to the hospital deal?" she offered.

Do I really want to risk going to the hospital? I mean I don't have the money to pay for the bills. And I am definitely not asking dad or mom for any. I mean I have a savings account, it's got a bit of money. But that is what I've been saving for college, not an accident. At least that's what I think happened. I keep racking my brain for the memory, but nothing pops up. I remember getting dropped off. But nothing after that. Oh god. I probably need to go to the hospital. But I-

"Is everything okay, dear?" Teresa asks.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I assure her. "I guess going to the hospital wouldn't be to bad, but only if I can't remember."

"Yes yes. Of course dear. Are you hungry?" She asks.

"No, I'm fine. I'm actually sort of tired so I'm probably going to rest some more."

Teresa wore a worried look, because of what I said I assume. But in the end, puts on a straight face.

"Okay. I'm going to make dinner, if you do end up being hungry, your welcome to eat anything."

"Thank you, Mrs. Hale."

"What'd I say about calling me that?"

"Sorry," I smiled sheepishly.

"Have a nice rest. Let's go Chance." I almost forgot he was in here.

Who am I kidding I completely forgot.

"Mom? I actually wanted to stay and in here to talk to her a bit,if that's okay with you?" He said looking over at me.

"Yeah. That's fine."

"Okay, I'll be out here making dinner. Holler if you need me." Terry said claim the door behind her.

"Soo," I said.

"Soo," he repeated.

"You gonna tell me what happened?"

"You know I can't do that, you have to remember. So we can know that you don't need a doctor."

"Please, Chance. Just this once. I've had enough of hospitals," I said with an accusing look towards him. His cheeks became tinged with a light pink. "Don't make me go again." I pleaded.

"Fine! But you can't tell my mom that I told you, deal?"

"Deal."

And then he told me.