Dick Grayson - Text message

You were lying down in bed scrolling through Instagram, when you got a text message from Dick, your boyfriend of three years. A smile grew on your face while you opened the message. You were expecting the message to be something like, Good morning beautiful, or Morning babe. You were not ready for what you were going to read.

Dick: Y/N I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore,

You gasped and dropped your phone, not being able to process the short text. Tears started to streak down your face and you sobbed for awhile before picking your phone back up and replying to the text.

You: I don't understand. This is so sudden, can we meet up and talk more?

Read 10:38

He never answered. You waited and waited for a response, but none came. You stared at the phone screen for what seemed like hours. You took a deep breath and hurled your phone across the room in anger, frustration, and sadness. You stood up and went into the bathroom. You took a long hot shower hoping it would help you feel better. It didn't.

You stepped out of the bathroom in a towel and walked over to your closet. You picked out a large t-shirt and some sweatpants and threw them on. You couldn't feel anything. You wanted to feel sad, but you felt completely numb on the inside.

Dick was one of the best people you had ever known. He was someone you knew you could count on, and he was always there when you just needed someone. He never questioned when you would break down in front of him, he just stayed to comfort you. He was your everything.

You were in the kitchen when all of a sudden, this wave of emotions washed over you, and you started sobbing in the middle of the kitchen. You slowly sank down to the ground and became a crying mess. You could barely see through your tears, and they never seemed to stop coming.

You were still crying on the ground and you tried to come up with some sort of explanation as to why Dick would break up with you. He would never do something like that so abruptly, and over a text message. It was so unlike him, so you wondered what you could have done to make him break up with you.

Did he realize that you weren't pretty enough? Did he find someone else? Did he just lose interest in you altogether?

Thinking these things only seemed to make you cry even more. You didn't even realize much time had passed, that was until you heard a knock on the door. You pondered not opening the door and leaving whoever was there. You changed your mind when the person who was at the door made it clear that they wouldn't stop knocking on the door soon.

You threw open the door prepared to yell at whoever was at the door, but you froze once you saw who was there.

It was Dick. He started to bend down like he was going to pick something off the ground but took you by surprise when he pulled a small black box out of his pocket. He opened it revealing an elegant looking ring inside,

"Because I want to be your husband," he said looking at you with so much love in his eyes.

You were too stunned to speak. Dick was there down on one knee, dressed in a button-down shirt and dress pants. And there you were in an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants. And he was proposing. After he broke up with you.

It seemed like hours before you finally whispered, "One moment," you slammed the door in his face and bolted back to your room searching for your phone. It was against the wall that you had thrown it against earlier. Miraculously, it wasn't cracked. You unlocked your phone and it immediately went to the text message that you had read hours ago.

Sure enough, it said exactly what you had read before. Then you noticed something at the end of the message that you didn't notice before. A comma.

There was a comma. The words Dick had said to you when you opened the door were, 'because I want to be your husband.' Your eyes widened as you realized what your boyfriend had done.

That dick! No pun intended.

You ran back to the door and flung it open. Dick's head swiveled in your direction and he barely had time to say anything before you threw yourself into his arms.

"You asshole!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, I'm still alive! I just want to say thank you for 200 reads! I didn't think that these many people would actually read my book. It makes me incredibly happy to see something like this. Thank you all for your support!

Byyeeeeeeee!