Ch.05 - Family Needs...

Soon it was the next morning and you were eating your breakfast, which was buttered toast and scrambled eggs. After that, you decide to play a quick game of Split Second from your PlayStation 3 system, thus winning another race after another.

Even though you played a few races of the game before, it made you feel like a professional. "Sweet! Another 50 points for the win!" You say to yourself as then your cellphone started buzzing. You set the game on pause and grabbed your phone to check the caller ID, which it turned out to be your mother, Carolyn, calling you.

 You set the game on pause and grabbed your phone to check the caller ID, which it turned out to be your mother, Carolyn, calling you

'My Mom's calling me? I wonder why...' You thought to yourself as you hit the call button to answer. "Hey Mom. What's up?" You asked her. "Hey sweetie. Just wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing lately." She says to you from the phone. "Oh yeah, everything is going great. Even the cafe job is going well." You tell her as she was silent for a moment. "Mom? Mom, What's wrong?" You asked her, waiting for her to answer you. Then she spoke. "Honey. It's about your sister..." She says, which made you a bit surprised. "Angie? What about her?" You asked. "Well, apparently, your sister had to quit her last job, since her 'incident' with her manager that didn't go to well. So I thought it would be best if she can live with you for a while.... until she gets back on her feet, of course." Carolyn tells you as you were thinking this through. "....Alright. She can stay with me. Just until she's back on her feet, I'll consider it." You tell her as Carolyn smiles. "Thank you, sweetie. She should be there by your apartment soon. Make sure she's welcomed at home, okay? Love you." She says. "I will, Mom. Love you too. Bye." You say as you hang up your cellphone.

-Timeskip, 55 minutes later-

So far, you were getting your things ready for another day at the cafe, until you heard a few knocks coming from your door. "If I had to guess, that could be her right now." You say to yourself as you approach the door. You unlock the door and open it to see none other than your elder sister, Angie, who was happy to see you. Not to mention she has two suitcases with her.

 Not to mention she has two suitcases with her