Chapter 1

I sat there with a bottle of Jack in my hand. Why can I not get anything out of my head? I can't even get a buzz anymore.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called, not getting up.

"Rob," the person said on the other side before I told him to come in.

He did so.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Rob asked me, taking the almost empty bottle from me.

"I can't get anything out of my fucking head," I told him as he poured the remaining whiskey down the drain.

"Katessa Sixx, you need to get out more," he said to me as he tossed the bottle and took a seat next to me.

"Who am I going to talk to?" I asked him.

He sighed, "Look, I'm going to see Metallica perform this week," he told me. "And you're going to come with me. And while you are there, no alcohol. You don't need it."

I sighed and nodded.

"Good," he said to me. "We're hanging with the guys for the few days before the show. Go upstairs and get what you need."

I nodded and did what he said. No amount of arguing would get him to change his mind.

I grabbed a bag and stuffed all of my clothes to take with me into it. I grabbed a leather jacket from the hope chest at the end of my bed.

I ran my fingers over the back of it. The Mötley Crüe insignia on it. Dad had Rob give it to me. Why wouldn't he just give it to me himself?

Fuck it. I pulled it on and grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

Rob looked up as I walked into the living room.

"Oh, and you're going to stay at my beach house in Huntington after," He told me as he stood and grabbed my bag from me. "And while you're there, have fun. Also, the girls want to get together with you sometime."

"Whatever," I muttered as he led me out to his vehicle.

He put it in the trunk before he almost pushed me into the passenger seat. He drove somewhere. I honestly didn't know where because I fell asleep not long after the drive began. I had started feeling the effects of the Jack.

I was on the teetering edge of consciousness and unconsciousness when Rob started yelling at something.

"Can you keep your road rage to a minimum?" I asked, groaning.

I heard his Hellbilly album playing faintly. Conceited much Rob Zombie?

"Sorry, Tess, go back to sleep," He told me.

"No arguement," I muttered before I slipped off again.

I was woke up not long after when someone opened the door I was using for my pillow. I landed on the concrete.

"Who the hell woke me?" I groaned, sitting up and searched around the front seat for my sunglasses, my eyes closed from the bright sun.

"Tess, it's us," Kirk Hammett said as I found my sunglasses and slipped them on.

I looked up at him, "Then give me a hug," I said as Lars Ulrich helped me up.

The guys of Metallica did so. Almost squeezing the breath out of me.

"Guys. Can't. Breathe!" I choked out.

The guys did so, laughing.

"Sorry, Tess," James Hetfield said, laughing as he draped an arm around my shoulders in a fatherly way.

"It's alright," I said to him. "Slept my Jack off on the drive Rob made me join him on. Speaking of Rob, where is he?"

"Said something about making sure all of the liquor stores won't sell you any booze," Robert Trujillo said as we walked somewhere.

I had no clue where we were heading. But, hey, it meant I didn't have to do much thinking today. At least for a little while.

"You hungry?" Lars asked me.

"I haven't eat since Rob dragged me from Anaheim," I told him. "So, yeah."

The guys nodded before they dragged me into a diner.

As we took a seat, James looked at me, "Look, we've got Avenged Sevenfold playing with us," he told me as a waitress placed plates in front of each of us. "And we told them about you and they want to meet you."

"Why me?" I asked before I dug into my food. "What's so great about me?"

"Well, they think you sound like a great person," Kirk told me, smiling. "And they're looking forward to meeting you."

I nodded. These guys seemed to have adopted me as their daughter/niece or whatever you want to call it. But, it actually felt nice. They treated me like I was really their family.

Them and Rob were always there. Well, from about the time I was seventeen.