Chapter 3

LOGAN POV

I wandered the area until I found the courtyard where the ramp was. I grinned and hid just inside the building to wait. But I didn't have to wait long

After about 15 minutes, I heard Optimus and Lockdown fighting on the rooftops and Shane' s car roaring through the parking garage.  I saw the car leap out of the building, followed by two black scary cars. The racecar skidded to a stop right in front of me and Cade threw open the door. "ALRIGHT EVERYONE OUT!"

Shane grumbled put something being wrong with his car as I heard Optimus honking.

"Wait! I'm stuck!" I sighed and leapt into action. I ran over to Lucas and helped him get his foot unstuck. Then me and him ran as Lockdown threw the bomb.

And saw me.

"GIRL!!!!" Lockdown roared but there was nothing he could do. And nothing I could do to save Lucas. Both of us were caught in the radius of the bomb.

.........

But I wasn't turned to transformium. I glanced up; Cade, Shane, and Tessa were staring at me. Tears started to roll down my cheeks. I ran over to them and climbed into Optimus. The ride was silent.

At the gas station I climbed out last and stared in awe as Optimus Prime transformed right in front of me. "You have my deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend." He looked at me for about 5 seconds before looking up and saying "I will go make sure we were not followed."

As he transformed and drive off, we went inside. I decided to take inventory of what I had on me. I found I had my phone with 85% battery, a old necklace that had a pendant with a white moon and star with a dark brown backround, and a note.

All the note said was Be safe my child.  I looked up and noticed Cade staring at me.

So I cleared my throat. "So...uh..."  "Why did you survive but not Lucas?!" Tessa asked accusingly. "Yea that robot that threw that bomb thing seemed to know you." Shane said equally accusingly. "Look I was kidnapped by him and..." I didn't know what to say.

I stood up. "Ya know what. I'm gonna go find a place to sleep." I rushed off with tears forming in my eyes.

*****

The only place I could find was outside but it was better than inside where the matress Tessa sleeps on and there are three very judgmental, mourning people. I lay down and try to sleep but not being able to save Lucas keeps nagging at me. "I could have saved him." I whispered.

I finally fell asleep and woke up to Cade talking about grabbing the computer. Still being extremely tired and not wanting to talk to Cade, Shane, or Tessa, I slept while we were on the road. I only woke up when Optimus sent out his new message.

"Calling all autobots. Calling all autobots." I grinned, knowing what came next; Optimus scanned the pure white truck that drove passed us and transformed. I laughed as Shane freaked out. "That was awesome! It insane but it was awesome!!" He yelled.

   Soon, we pulled up to a clearing of sorts, where Crosshairs, Drift, and Hound were waiting for us. We got out and I watched a most black Camero transform. It was Bee! I grinned. "What are you so happy about?" Shane asked me. "Dude." I said. "These guys are awesome."

"So who are the stowaways?" Crosshairs whipped out his gun and shoved it in our faces. Hound also  'rolled' and came up holding a machine gun looking gun. "Hound! Stop!" Optimus ordered. "These humans saved my life."

"I owe them."

I chuckled at this, which Crosshairs noticed. "What's so funny?" "Oh it's just the fact that I didn't really save Optimus's life. I just kinda joined in after trying to save someone else and failing."

*~*~*~*~*

I looked off at the stars as everyone else started watching the videos of Ledfoot and Ratchet dying. I've seen those videos enough times.

"Hey. Ya know what I noticed? She's in the video of the lime green autobot." Shane pointed out.  "Yea she just appeared and tried to save him." Tessa added. I shrugged. "A good person caught in the wrong place and tried to make a difference she couldn't change is all I am." I whispered. 

I slept beside the fire that night. Despite my fear of Shane or Tessa waking me up to bombard me with questions.