Chapter 21

“Leslie, wake up baby girl.”

I opened my eyes and Axel and Skylar were on either side of me.

“Why are you sleeping on the floor?” Axel asked.

“I was cold.” I replied.

“What about Jayy?” Skylar asked.

“He doesn’t love me!” I sobbed. Axel picked me up and rocked me in his arms.

“Don’t cry baby girl.” Skylar said.

“I can’t help it!” I sobbed.

“Why don’t you go take a shower and get ready? I’m sure the studio will make you feel better.” Axel said. I nodded and stood up with my blanket.

That’s what I did. I showered, changed into these:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=56829161  

I did my makeup, then walked downstairs. Everybody else was at the table eating something. I sat down silently between Sally and Jayy.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Mark asked.

“I’m not hungry.” I replied.

“You need to eat.” Jayy said looking down at his cereal. I glared at him and got up from my seat.

“Anybody else want to come with us?” I asked.

“I do!” Dahvie and Sally said. I nodded and walked back up to my room. I grabbed my notebook and started writing down lyrics that popped in my head.

Think of me when you're out

 When you're out there

 I'll beg you nice from my knees

 And when the world treats you way too fairly

 Well it's a shame I'm a dream

All I wanted was you

My door opened and Mark stood there.

“You ready to go?” he asked. I nodded and grabbed my phone from the charger and my car keys. I walked past Mark, downstairs. I saw Jayy on the couch with his head in his hands.

“Jayy.” I said. He looked at me. Tears were forming in his eyes.

“Did you want to come with? I’m going to visit my aunt Cheri after too.” I said.

“Sure, I’ve been wanting to meet your family.” He said and got up. He walked up to me and hugged me. Well this is new. I hugged back enjoying it while it lasts. He pulled back and looked me in the eyes. I saw something I’d thought I’d never see in his eyes. Guilt. Why would he be feeling guilty? Maybe he realizes what a terrible boyfriend he’s being. I’ll figure it out. I pecked his lips and lead him out to my car. Mark went with Skylar and Axel, and Sally Dahvie and Jayy came with me.

I zoned out as I drove to Brookfield. It was so silent on the way there. I’m sure if someone screamed from our house, we could hear it. I can’t wait to see my aunt Cheri. She hasn’t met any of my friends yet so this will be great. Before I knew it, we were at the studio. Ethan met us inside.

“Ok we’ll start with My Heart.” He said. Then the work began.

*couple hours later*

“And kiss me again underneath the moonlight. You're more than a friend, oh. I knew it from the first sight, yeah. Hold me, feel my heart beat. Put your arms around me. Hold me, feel my heart beat. And put your arms around. And kiss me again, and again, and again. Oh, kiss me again.” I sang. I was so close to just breaking down right there. I only let a couple tears slip down my face. The music stopped and I looked at Jayy. He had tears streaming down his cheeks. I stared at him, trying to figure out what I did. I couldn’t see anything. I don’t understand, I wish he would just talk to me.