Chapter 24

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=56832560

“Come on baby girl, you need to eat something.” Axel said.

“I’m not hungry.” I replied. Mark walked in the room with his phone to his ear.

“You found him? Yeah that’ll work…..same spot, different position…..Axel is trying….ok see ya in a little bit….bye.” he said then hung up.

“Please Leslie?” Axel asked. I didn’t respond but continued to stare at the blank t.v. screen. I’ve been doing this for the past day, with my blanket wrapped around me and my sweat pants. I don’t want to do anything else. I can’t do anything else. My heart has been ripped out of my chest and stomped on so many times that it’s now the consistency of water at my feet.

Jayy P.O.V

I sat in an alley, slumped against one wall, and staring blankly at another. Why did I push her away like that? Why didn’t I just tell her? Why did I kiss him again? Why did he have to come back? What didn’t I just walk away when I had the chance?

Flashback

“Don’t interrupt me!” she yelled. I fell silent.

“I thought I did something, I thought I did something to make you fall out of love with me. I have been in a living hell trying to figure out what I have done. I’ve been having mental breakdowns, I’ve been trying to stay intact for the fans, I even did a whole album while being in the worst shape possible because I thought I did something wrong. And all along it’s been YOU! You and Dahvie are lucky that I already recorded my parts in your songs cause I don’t want to see you and your fuckin face EVER AGAIN! I thought you were different, but I was wrong. You are a fuckin piece of shit Jayy Von Monroe. If you don’t leave in 10 fuckin seconds I will personally take your remains and drain them down the sewer.” She said.

End of flashback

I flinched as what she said to me ran through my head, again and again. I knew she knew something was wrong, but I had no idea she thought she was the cause. When I heard that, I just wanted to die. I wanted to end her pain. She thought I didn’t love her anymore. I do love her, so much. She was right, I am a piece of shit for doing that to her. She doesn’t deserve that. So why did I?

“Jayy?”

My head snapped to the side and saw Dahvie running at me.

“Dude, have you been here this whole time?” he asked. I turned my attention back to the wall.

“Alright, you are coming back with me.” He said pulling on my arm. I shook my head.

“I can’t go back. I caused her so much pain; I made her think I didn’t love her. It’s my fault and I can’t face it yet.” I said.

“Jayy, we have a plan.” He said.

“I thought you were mad at me?” I asked.

“I am very pissed off at you for doing that to my baby girl, but you are still my best friend and I can’t let you wither away out here.” He replied pulling me up.

“It hurts Dahvie.” I said.

“It better hurt. This will make you think twice before hurting her. Now where is that bastard anyway?” he asked.

“You’re standing right next to him.” I replied. He laughed.

“I mean the other bastard.”

“I don’t know.” I replied as we got in the car. Dahvie started the car and we drove off.

“How is she?” I asked.

“Do you really want to know? It’s pretty bad.” He replied. I flinched but nodded.

“At first she just had occasional break downs every hour but she talked to her parents yesterday and—“ he started.

“She visited her parents!?” I said.

“Yes, she said they wanted to be a part in her life again then she came home, destroyed the living room and curled up on the couch looking blankly at the t.v. and she hasn’t moved since.” He replied. With every word he spoke I was stabbed in the heart. Her parents want to be back in her life and I should be with her through this, but I’m not because I fucked everything up.

“Has she eaten?” I asked, dreading to hear the answer. He looked at me, and shook his head. My head dropped in my hands and tears started coming out of my eyes. Dahvie rubbed my back the rest of the way.

By the time we got there, the tears hadn’t stopped. I walked behind Dahvie into the house. Skylar glared at me but Mark and Axel just looked at me sadly. I walked to the basement door but stopped when green came into my vision. I looked over and saw Leslie on the couch in her blanket staring at the blank t.v. just like Dahvie said she was. My legs collapsed underneath me as I stared at her. All I saw was her, lifeless on the couch, not moving. It’s like she was dead. All I wanted to do was run over there and cradle her, to tell her everything is ok. But that would only cause her more pain, and everything isn’t ok because of me. I did this. She started singing, well more whispering, but I could hear it clearly.

“How did we get here? I used to know you so well. How did we get here? Well I think I know.”

She was referring to us. She was referring to how I pushed her away because I felt so guilty. She was referring to what we are now, broken.

“I love you.” I whispered before everything went black.