The Man In The Abandoned House - Virgil x Thomas & Patton x Logan

Börja om från början

Glancing back, he wondered how anyone could live there.

"What did you kiddos do today?" Patton chirped, placing their plates down on the table, ruffling Virgil's hair as he walked by. Logan was first to respond, picking up his cutlery after placing his napkin across his thighs. "I mostly did work, but to your request I took frequent breaks" Patton beamed, leaning over to kiss Logan's cheek.

"What about you, Verge?"

The younger man shrugged loosely, slowly eating the food before him. As much as he wanted to tell them about the man, he also wanted to keep it a secret. That man was the first person he's met without either Logan or Patton there with him, and he kind of...wants the man to be his friend and not there's? Call him selfish, but this was new for Virgil, and now that they're in a new environment, Virgil wants to try and be normal, so becoming friends with someone new was a big start for him.

"Nothing" he replied shortly, glancing at Logan who rose an eyebrow.

"You went out, did you not?"

"Well...yeah, but only to the beach" he responded, relieved that they believed his lie. As Patton went on about how they should go to the beach all together one day, Virgil quickly finished his dinner and dismissed himself, walking to his room to stare at the house from the window, noticing how none of the lights were on.

Did the man just go to sleep early?

Getting bored, he turned around and caught sight of his sketch book. Maybe he could draw the house seeing as he has such a draw to it already....he mentally cursed himself for the stupid pun, too much time with Patton.

Setting up a chair, he placed the book on the window sill, roughly sketching the base of the house, going in for more detail afterwards. Being one for staying up late, he didn't notice how time went by until his phone lit up with a notification from a random app, also showing the time, which was three am.

Sighing, he closed the book and laid on his bed.

Would it be weird to go back the next day? The man did say he enjoyed company...

"But Pat-"

"C'mon, Kiddo! It'll be fun!" Patton encouraged, smiling happily at his friend. It was the next day and Patton offered to take Virgil to the village where he could meet some people. Although he wanted to go to the house, he couldn't tell that to Patton, so without a plausible excuse, he and his close friend walked down the path to the bustling village.

"Ugh...people" Virgil muttered, sticking close to his fatherly friend who wrapped an arm around his shoulders, moving past people who all said a good morning. "I met someone who I think you'll like" Patton explained, walking into one of the biggest shops on the street, but even then it probably couldn't hold more than thirty people at a time.

"Hey, Patton, what brings you back so soon?" The young man at the counter smiled softly, noticing Virgil who mostly stood behind Patton, eyes fixated on his phone.

"This is Virgil!" Patton explained, showing the boy off who blushed, hiding his face with his bangs. "You're right, he is cute" the man flirted, making Virgil flustered and glare at Patton who giggled. "Virgil, this is Thomas! Thomas, this is Virgil" Patton introduced, pushing Virgil forward a bit.

"I'll be over here!" He called, rushing to hide behind a shelf holding a few souvenirs.

Sighing, Virgil slowly glanced up at Thomas, noting how adorable he looked.