65: talk to me.

Începe de la început

Her words were comforting, yet it obviously wouldn't stop me feeling a tad bit guilty and selfish sometimes. From this point on she'll be listening like a hawk, so if I stumble over my words when bring my Mum up into the conversation, she'll tell me off for worrying so much about her feelings. The thing is, when you love someone as much as I love Luna, all you care about is their happiness and how they feel. It's the first thing I think about if I'm mad at her, or if I tease her. I always think how is what I've just said going to affect her, I only care about her feelings and that is how it has always been from day one.

"Now, tell me why you don't want to wait anymore. You know, to marry me," I asked. I wanted her to talk now. My voice was hoarse, I needed a moment to let my thoughts gather and for my brain to relax before I began to speak again about my issues. Giving her the perfect chance to explain her feelings in great detail.

"I thought it was a good idea at the time, but talking about the wedding all day yesterday with your mother... I just got so excited and I don't know how much longer I can wait anymore," she shrugged, a breathless smile playing on her lips. "I love you Harry, you know I do. You just don't seem to realise how much I do."

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely curious to find out what she meant by that. I thought my feelings were always so clear to her. Her fingers found a loose thread on the bottom of my jumper and I felt her continuously tug at the thread between her fingers. My eyes focused on her fingers.

"You've changed my life Harry," she smiled, I quickly glanced at her, her eyes burning into the piece of thread she still played with before I looked down at her fingertips again. I wanted to smack her hand away and force her eyes to stare at me and only me, but this cute shy side of her was something I enjoyed witnessing. "I don't want to tell you how much you mean to me because I like that only I know. It's like a little secret that I never want to share."

"That's mean, I want to know," I teased, making her look at me. Her eyes glistened under the moonlight that poured through the gap between the curtains, cascading over the left side of her body so beautifully. I was in absolute awe of Luna's beauty. Sometimes it catches me off guard, just how stunning she really is. Not that sometimes I think she isn't beautiful, but sometimes I forget I'm in such a gorgeous persons presence that when I look at myself and then I look at her I'm taken back suddenly.

How did a guy like me, get so lucky? God she is gorgeous, she has no fucking idea just how gorgeous she is. I wish I could be a painter, I'd paint her in this lighting and in this cute outfit consisting of leggings and my ripped white t-shirt. I want to capture all of her beauty into a bottle and trap it there for all of time, every once and a while opening up the bottle to get a sneaky glimpse of it all over again. It was in this moment that I really appreciated her indescribable beauty for all of its worth.

"I understand you want to wait. Until I'm a bit older, until we have more money and until we are both one hundred percent comfortable. And believe me, I do understand that and I want that too. Even when I say I don't want to wait, I know waiting is the best for us," she reached her hands over my thigh grasping my hands in her smaller ones and tightening her hold on my hands. "I'll wait until you say it's time. And don't think I'm saying this to agree with you and save more pointless arguing. I'm saying this, because I want to wait until you are ready."

"I would marry tomorrow if I could Luna, you know that. I am ready."

"No you're not," she sighed, still holding my hands. "If you were ready you wouldn't have offered to wait in the first place. I think the best for us is, wait until after my nineteenth and then we can briefly discuss little bits concerning the wedding planning here and there. Sound like a plan?"

"Yeah. Sounds like a plan," I smiled. Once again my smile was only small, but it was enough for her and I knew it was, when she pulled back and let her hands rest in her lap. "Also, I'm one hundred percent okay with my mum walking you down the aisle. I know I seemed... Well not pleased to find out about it, but I am very happy you asked her. I'm still a little mad you didn't talk to me, but I forgive you."