Post-epilogue

A few days later, I was in my bedroom, taking care of some championship paperwork.

I had left my window fully open to let in the fresh sea breeze.

Suddenly, a Pokémon flew through it.

It was a Pidgeot. I barely recognized it as they weren't native to Alola.

What was a Pidgeot doing on the other side of the world?

I looked at it carefully. It had a cape draped on its shoulders and a ring on its ankle. Both read K.I.P.S. : Kanto Interational Postal Service.

I realized this Pidgeot was delivering mail all the way from Kanto. The other side of the world.

I hastily opened my bag and took out a handful of Sitrus berries from my berry box. The Pidgeot must've been hungry from its journey, as it gratefully ate it all. While it ate, I petted it and groomed its feathers.

Suddenly, it spread out its large fan-like tail feathers. An envelope was tucked in between. It dropped them at my hands, nodded in appreciation for the food, and took off through the window.

I picked up the envelope. The front had the basic address you would find on any envelope, and I opened it.

There was a folded letter and a photograph.

Wait...

It couldn't be...

I looked carefully at the handwriting. It was so neat.

It had to be from Lillie.

Barely daring to look, I read the letter.

• • •

Everyone's smiles shine so brightly,

Those smiles led us to so many other people.

And those meetings will lead us to a bright future.

I'm so glad I got to meet everyone,

I'm so glad I got to meet you.

Thank you, Stephen.

Lillie  X

. . .

The photograph...it was a picture Rotom took of me, Lillie and Hau in Hau'Oli when I first arrived in Alola.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I bolted over to my bed and buried my face in my pillow, and for the first time in years, cried my eyes out.