Chapter 4

Amy, Cathy and Emily all dashed over to Kate's desk as soon as the bell rang for the next class.

"Oh my GOSH, Kate! You did not tell us that Harry turned into a complete hottie!" Cathy gushed, "You have to talk to him!"

She felt overwhelmed with the questions and comments that came after that.

"Guys! Guys!" Kate had to almost scream to be heard over her excited friend's chatter. At last the talking over one another subsided.

"Girls, please, can we stop talking about this? I will talk to him when I talk to him."

She looked at her friends imploringly. They sighed in unison and Kate smiled in response.

"Okay then, end of conversation. I'll see you guys later!"

She turned and began to walk away nonchalantly. Her smile faded as soon as she left the classroom. What am I going to do? She thought desperately. She had to speak to Harry somehow, make him answer all of her questions, but how? She had no idea what she would say or how she would say it. After pondering for a moment, she opted for a simple 'Hello' as the conversation starter.

Harry wasn't in either of her last two classes. Okay, so he doesn't do IT or Cookery, she thought, that is something, I guess. She sighed. It was nothing. She already knew what subjects he would be doing. He was most likely in Music with Mr. Harrison. He was very passionate about his music; their one difference.

However,  two of his favourites were the same as hers: Art and English. She smiled in spite of herself. She knew her title as 'best in the class' in English would be robbed of her by Harry. They were always tying in things like 'Best short story'. If it weren't a tie, he had won it outright.

She was both disappointed yet relieved that she couldn't spot his dark head in the crowd after school. She let herself be swept away by her friends- they had decided to go back to Cathy's for a well deserved ice-cream feast before starting their dreaded calculus homework. Kate smiled at her three friends. She was so grateful for them. They didn't ask any more questions about Harry and just chilled with her, Kate, even if it didn't get him out of her mind.

That night she lay in bed, unable to distinguish between memories and dreams in her sleepy state. She was sure of only one thing: they were both haunted by a dark boy with Blue eyes.