Chapter 1

FEBRUARY,
BLUESTONE HIGH SCHOOL
b r o o k l y n l e s l i e c o o p e r
❦❧❦

"Bye dad!" I called out as I shut the car door behind me and slung my backpack over my shoulder. As my dad drove off in his prised possession, his brand new black Range Rover, I turned to face my school and started to head in from the car park. I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my favourite denim jacket as they felt cold, and kept my eyes to the ground as I slowly walked. I still had seventeen minutes until the warning bell for homegroup went, so I didn't feel the need to rush.

"Brooklyn!" I looked up at the sound of my best friend calling out my name, and I smiled when I saw her exit from the passenger side of her boyfriends car. However, what caught my eye was not the super cute top she had chosen to wear today. No, it was the motorbike parked next to her boyfriends car.

It was the same as my neighbours. Number plate and everything.

My eyes widened and I speed-walked over to her. She tried to give me a hug but I pointed to the bike and help my other hand up as if telling her to stop. "Who's bike is this?"

Morgen furrowed her eyebrows at me and looked down at the bike with curious eyes. As she did so, my mind went into a trance and I studied her as if for the time. I don't think I've ever realised how pretty Morgan really was; I was too focused on maintaining our friendship to notice. She had been growing out her hair, so her thin golden blonde locks cascaded down her back. I'd always wished I had her hair, it seemed so perfect. Everything about her was perfect. She had eyes that were dark around the rims and then the rest of her iris were an ombré of green, and her lips were shaped and filled so perfectly that I reckoned Kylie Jenner would kill to have them. And she worked out a lot, so that obviously meant she had a great a body.

And know what else? Her boyfriend was one of the hottest boys in school, maybe even in town. They'd been friends for so long and started dating recently, after they kissed for the first time. I was there when it happened, and when it did, I knew that something was blossoming. That was four months ago, Morgen and Luke Hemmings (the one and only) were still going strong.

At the mention of my question, Luke popped out of the drivers seat of his car and locked it behind him. He then strolled over to us and put an arm around Morgen's shoulders, pointing to the very motorbike I was still aiming my index finger at. "The bike? It's Calum's. Remember, my friend? Calum Hood?"

My eyes widened as this information came flooding into my head like a tsunami. Calum Hood, the school badboy, player, and rebel, was my new neighbour.

I was screwed.

❦❧❦

Calum Hood. Yes, he was a player, a bad boy, a rebel. Yes, he was very good looking and got all the girls. Yes, he skipped class a lot and gave attitude to teachers. No, I'd never actually spoken to him before, and I didn't know why Luke thought I had, because Calum Hood and I were complete opposites. He owned a bloody motorcycle, had more tattoos then I could count and probably has been on ten countless dates. Whereas I got chaperoned everywhere by my parents and friends, would get murdered if I even spoke about tattoos, and have only ever been on one date, and it was when I was six, because it was a playdate with a boy in my first year class and our mothers. I wouldn't even consider that a date!

I could name at least twenty girls that I know for sure have gotten with Calum, all in my classes. And they were only some! He probably used girls more then his own toothbrush! And now he's my next door neighbour? This surely won't end well.

"You're kidding, right?" I almost screeched. Luke and Morgen looked at me funny, and I wanted to slap the looks off their faces. "Don't look at me like that! This can't be possible, why would God even allow this?" I waved my arms around as I spoke, feeling as if I were about to explode. I couldn't seem to accept this information, I just wanted to run away from the bike and forget about.