Chapter:27

I was curled up between two bodies. My casted leg propped up on one of them. Louis had me facing him while Cris had my back to his front. I was being poked between the legs by two very distinctive parts. When I would try to get up I would fail miserably.

"Quit squirming." Cris mumbled pulling me closer to his body. "I need to use the bathroom." I said. "On a scale of one to ten." "Ten." I said. He let me up and on my foot. I grabbed one of the crutches and used it to walk to the bathroom. I used the bathroom and decided to go back to bed. I crawled back up onto the bed. Louis had moved closer to him.

I then got off the bed as Cris pulled Louis closer to him. I got the other crutch and quietly left the room. I went down the stairs carefully to the kitchen not seeing the cook anywhere. I grabbed the wicker basket off the counter and put a dozen eggs, a package of bacon and the hash browns. I cooked the bacon first then chopped it up while the hash browns were cooking.

I was standing mostly on my right foot. When the hash browns were done I put the bacon back in the skillet and mixed them together before the tricky part came. I couldn't drag the trash over to me. That's what I got frustrated over. I turned the stove top off and sat down in the floor.

I can't walk without the crutches. I hated this. Two arms wrapped around me. "What's wrong Star?" Louis asked. "I can't finish breakfast." I said. "Need some help? Your almost done." He said. I rested my head on his shoulder. "Come on. I'll be your personal assistant. Only when you need help, will I help you." He said.

"Come on. I'll help you up to start." He stood up and helped me up. "I'll grab the trash can for you. Then stand back and let you finish cooking." Louis said as he pulled the trash can over to the stove top. "I know you like to be independent Star. One thing I've learned though, when you need help, you need to say something. This is not like the stairs incident.

"This is for every day life Star. Not while your injured, not while you think your a burden. When you need help let either of us know!" He said. I nodded. He pulled me to him. "Please allow us to help you when you need it." He said softly. I kept my arms around him. "Come on. Cris will be up any minute." He said.

I hobbled over to the stove top and turned the burner back on. I finished cracking the eggs into the skillet and mixed the eggs, hash browns and bacon together. I almost had the eggs completely cooked when I went to the fridge to get tortillas. I then went to the microwave and set them on the counter below it.

I got the right number and folded them into a paper towel. I opened the microwave and stood up on my tip toe. I was able to get them into the microwave and set the timer. I then went back to the stove top finishing the eggs. When they were done I turned the burner off. Then went to the microwave once more going for the warm tortillas.

They were now out of my reach. "Louis." An arm reach from behind me and set the tortillas on the counter. The arm moved to around my waist then another. "Breakfast smells good." Cris. "Did I wake you?" I asked. "No. The smell of good cooking did." He said before kissing my cheek. Then picked me up setting me on his hip.

I absentmindedly started tracing one of several tattoos littering his body. He sighed. I continued to trace the tattoo as he fixed both mine and his plates. Louis carried mine to the table. Cris set me down in my chair. He then sat down next to me and pulled my foot up into his lap. When I was done I pulled my foot from his leg and was able to scoot away from the table.

Louis finished quickly before taking mine and his plate to the kitchen and returning with my crutches.