Chapter:16

"My room now." He was right behind the both of us as we went up the stairs to his room. Just the tone of his voice said that we both were in trouble. Once in he closed the door and told us where to sit. "Thought I told you to leave the office." Crispin said to me. "I did leave the office." I said. "You stayed in the building though." He said.

"You didn't tell me to leave the building." I said. "You told me to take her home and I didn't do that." Louis said. Crispin looked like he was about to explode. Let me recap, those men that entered the office weren't nice. They had came because their leader and Cris were on the brink of a war and Cris wanted to negotiate with him.

It turns violent. Cris sends me out of the office, Louis was supposed to take me home, instead keeps me in the building putting all three of us in even more danger, Louis arms me and says for me to defend myself, then takes off splitting up. "Starling. You had no right to even stay in the building especially if you were uncomfortable with those guys standing there." Crispin said.

"Probably should have warned her who your ten o'clock was. She probably would have left out the back way." Louis said. "Not without you. Your first. I told you to take her out of the building and straight here and you didn't listen. That put her in more danger than you thought didn't it?" Crispin said.

"You probably wouldn't of made it out alive if we both were not there." I said quietly. Cris turned to look at me. He then slowly walked over and grabbed my jaw. "Were you more worried about me coming home than your own safety?" He asked softly. I nodded. "Next time I tell you to leave the office, I want you to go home. Understand?" Crispin asked me. "Yes." I answered.

"And next time I tell you to take her home, you better do it." Crispin said turning to Louis. "Hand me the gun." Crispin told me. I pulled out the handgun and used clip. He took them going into his closet. "I want you both showered and downstairs in the dining room in the next thirty minutes. Understand?" "Yes." I said quickly. Louis was slower to answer.

As I passed Cris he laid a hard handed spank to my butt. I didn't do anything until I got to my room. It hurt. I guess that's my punishment for that. I rubbed it a bit before getting a shower. I was still rubbing the tender skin as I got dressed. I then went downstairs to the dining room. Cris stood there freshly showered. I stood beside my seat.

Louis came down a few minutes later. Cris looked at the time before telling us to sit. He's definitely not in a happy mood still. That churned my stomach to the point of not wanting to eat. The cook came in with food. With all of this rich food, I don't know if I can honestly eat it. After I picked at it for a bit I asked if I could be excused.

I could tell it didn't sit well with Cris. He reluctantly let me go. I went straight to my room and sat on the balcony. I pulled my legs to my chest holding them there with my head on my knees. I sighed looking out.

Cris

"May I go talk to her?" Louis asked. "No." I told him. "Then can I go to my room?" He asked. "Whatever." I said before getting up and going through the kitchen and outside. I could see her from where I was standing. I'd rather just run the oil company than run this stupid gang. I want to spend time with them, it's extremely hard though when someone threatens them.

All of this was because someone saw Louis with her the other day and assumed that she was with me too since they always knew Louis was with me. I finally worked up the courage to go up and talk to her.