Chapter Six: Escape for Real

"Ugh, we really need to stop trying to escape right when we get the chance." Willow muttered under her breath.

We all were in the lab, trying to resist the experiments the scientists were doing on us as much as possible. While that was going on, we're going to try to find any information on who the mole was.

I concentrated really hard, and I was soon in the mind of a scientist. It was very complex, but the mind itself can be difficult to understand. I dug around in the person's thoughts a bit, and soon found out that this person was not the mole.

Oh, when I find out who the mole is... I heard someone think. I heard some things about the mole, but they weren't helpful to me and my friends. This is harder than I thought, I said. Nothing I found is useful.

I found out that the mole is working for an organization for junior superheroes, and wants to recruit us, Ruby thought to us, recalling someone's recent thoughts. But I can't pinpoint who it came from.

Well, it's a start. Willow thought. It's not a big lead, but a lead nonetheless.

But seriously, us superheroes? Why us? Lily asked.

Maybe because we're different from everyone else, we're never going to be normal teenagers, and they also want to free us from this prison. Wendy reasoned.

Good point, but the fact that we'll never be normal again is disappointing. Fern said.

Yeah, but we need to get out of here fast. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. This is pure torture. I thought, wincing as a scientist gave me a shot.

********

At night, we were all guided to our rooms -with plenty of guards surrounding us. It's pretty obvious that the scientists don't trust us anymore, but I wouldn't either if I was one of them. They dropped us at our rooms, and left quickly. They're scared of us. I realized, smiling. Well, they should be.

I am so tired, I could sleep like a koala. Willow thought, yawning. They sleep twenty hours a day.

We all could. Fern said. I'm turning in for the night.

Me too. Ruby said.

I stared at the ceiling for a while, thinking of how we can find out who the mole is, or how we could escape without him or her. My eyes started to close, and I soon nodded off to sleep.

********

"Get up," a voice whispered with urge. "Hurry!"

I opened my eyes, and asked, "Who are you?" It took me a while to adjust to the dark, it was probably 2:00 in the morning, and more time to realize that the person who was shaking me awake was the young woman who took notes on us earlier.

Guys, wake up. Guys? GUYS!! I shouted in my mind. I think I found out who the mole is.

Who? Fern asked sleepily.

Wake up, and I'll tell you. We have to go now.

Why? Wendy questioned.

Because the mole is here. Now get out of bed, or so help me, I will jump on all of you!

Everyone soon got up and out of bed, and we followed the young woman. She led us to a bookshelf near the lab. Fingers hovering, she searched for a particular book. When she found it, she tilted it towards her body. I heard a rumble, and noticed that the bookshelf was slowly moving. Woah, I thought.