Morning Glory

A demon appeared behind you and before you knew it, it had jumped down your throat.

Violently, you thrashed about in Koda's arms. As it tried to merge with you, Koda squeezed your body.

"Shh, shh, shh..."  He held you tightly as he rocked in place. "You can do it. Just stay strong. Resist. Don't let it get your heart, YN. My Rosy-Posy. Oh my, if only you could forgive me. I'm sure... We'll have beautiful life now! It'll be long and we'll fill it with flowers. We'll have little demon babies. Bunches of them. I think we could name them all after flowers and plants."

Your body continued convulsing and you couldn't hear or see anything. You just felt an invader in your body. You pushed and pushed to try and get it out. By any means necessary.

"What were some names of some plants... Fennel... Willow... Chrysanthemum... Come on YN! Help me! We have to agree on at least a few! Come on! Keep fighting!" Tears couldn't pour out of his face fast enough to explain how he felt. "I'm sorry for this, but it was the only way! The demons are going to take over and I can't lose you. I can't lose you like I lost Junichi!"

Slowly, the shaking calmed down. You felt flowers popping up around you and a peacefulness capture your heart and your brain.

"YN! Are you feeling better? Are you doing alright? How do you feel!? Talk to me! Tell me!"

Slowly, blood dripped out of the side of your mouth and your head lolled to the side. The darkness and coldness permeated your body. Your light went out as Koda held you and watched.

Then, he shook you. And shook you. And screamed. Primal noise erupted from his throat as he realized what he had done. Koda sobbed uncontrollably. He had made that mistake. It only took one mistake, of course, to ruin everything.

"I'm so sorry YN... I know you said the plants don't like tears... but I just can't help it anymore..." He was uncontrollable and inconsolable. "But maybe... maybe it's better that you don't see what I become."

He couldn't help but hold your body as the heat radiated into him. This pushed him to the edge. He carried your body outside and quickly leapt to the tops of the buildings. He had to take you somewhere. You had to be buried. He wanted to bury you, something that he hadn't gotten to do with Junichi.

Flower. He needed flowers.

So he did what he did best and he ran. And ran. And ran. Across Japan, he ran, until he finally came across of field of morning glories.

"Brief love. I suppose that fits, doesn't it YN?" He choked on his tears as he laid you down in the field. "I don't want to say good-bye, YN..." He whined. "But I think I'll be able to join you soon, wherever you are... Be sure to tell Junichi that I'm sorry for leaving him behind. And I hope we can all get along together... When I get there..."