flower stealer

jungkook knew it was wrong.

but he was a broke college student and well, no one seemed to be around.

"i'm sorry."

jungkook whispered underneath his breath as he plucked another flower from the garden that was located in front of someone's house. every month, the owner of the house (and garden) would plant a new type of flower. this time there were red tansies decorating the front of the house, which gave a beautiful and warm view of the house.

jungkook quickly plucked one more flower before making his way out of the gate, and yes, the house was fenced. jungkook didn't want to confront the owner of the house, he felt guilt every time he stole the beautiful flowers but, he couldn't come empty handed.

on his way there, jungkook plucked out the remaining leaves and grabbed a small, silky rope from his pocket and tied the flowers together.

no, these aren't for a girl.

jungkook didn't have time for a girlfriend, he was too broke and too focused on finishing his studies to be focused on a relationship.

he walked into the grassy fields as he looked at all the colorful flowers leaning against specific locations. the flowers that were decorating the green grass looked expensive, probably more than a dozen flowers. he looked down at his small batch and sighed, he wanted to think positive, but looking at the small and stolen flowers made him sad and guilty-feeling.

"hey mom."

jungkook placed his book bag against the big tree as he sat down the grass, the tree useful for its shade. jungkook replaced the dead flowers with the new red ones, as he brushed away the leaves covering his mother's tombstone.

he played with one of the leaves on the ground, feeling the cool breeze felt relaxing and the silence in the graveyard was easing. this was the only time he got quiet time, his life was stressful, from going to school early in the morning and returning home late at night from his job.

"i miss you."

jungkook sniffed a bit before placing the dead flowers in a plastic bag and then putting it in his bag. he stood up before smiling at his moms name engraved in the rock.

"i'm sorry i can't come as usual anymore, and for not staying too long. i love you."

~

the next month, jungkook made his way back to the graveyard through his usual way. he had to pass by the flower house before making his way to visit his mother. as he opened the hinge and made his way into to the yard, he didn't see a small male sitting on the ground, on top of a blanket.

jungkook kneeled down before plucking the new flowers, black-eyed susan's. he took awhile admiring the flowers before picking the most decent looking ones. after he was done, he puffed out a small breath of air before looking at the house with an expression of guilt before standing up. he turned around and jumped in shock when he saw a short, blonde male standing in front of him.

he was a head shorter than him, his blonde hair looked soft, his eyes were big, staring back at him with a questioning look, his small nose scrunched up as his plump lips were formed in a pout.

jungkook had never been caught before, fuck, now he really was going to jail.

"so you are the one who has been stealing my grandmas flowers."

the blonde male said, jungkook was pulled back into reality once he heard the soft voice speaking to him. he blinked twice before looking behind the short male and staring the front entrance of the gate. he looked back at the short male, with his short legs against mine, he'll never catch up.