Uhtred son of Uhtred

Start from the beginning

Khanna's claws tapped against the stone floor as she intercepted the king and stood before the boy barking.  "You will give me nothing, you will watch and your will learn!" He raged, but took a few steps back and tried to calm himself. He eyed Khaana her barks turned to warning growls as she flashed her large sharp teeth, tail held high and ridged.

Lord Uhtred swiftly reached out and snatched Khaana ip by the scruff of her neck. "Don't hurt her!" Osbert called out as Lord Uhtred drug her away. "Put him in the water, his mothers tongue will give me grief if you don't do it soon." Lord Uhtred ordered Beocca. Beocca bowed a bit and went to leave "she's not my mother." Osbert murmured taking one last glance at Khaana.

When Osbert and Beocca were gone, Lord Uhtred turned to Aelfric. Who eyed Haana carefully "will you take him with you to battle,vto watch and learn? After all he is old enough." Aelfric asked. Lord Uhtred released Khaana abd sneered at his brother. "Are you as thick headed as my son? Did you not hear me either? He is just a boy. I need you to choose 30 men and remain here at bebbanburg." said Lord Uthred.

"Protect the boy, he is the heir. Thirty will hold this place well and it is few enough to feed. Will you do this for me?" Lord Uhtred asked taking on a bit more humility. "I'd rather be with you at Eoferwic, however, yes. I will do as you ask." said Aelfric, "thank you." Lord Uhtred sighed.

Khaana followed Lord Uhtred as he exited the hall, entering another room he pluck a metal chain collar off a table and turned to Khaana. Binding over he slipped it around her neck "you are Saxon now, dog. As such we will call you Sachiel, you were raised by monsters but will learn to value freedom, benevolence and mercy."  He said to her, dipping his fingers a bit on water he sprinkled it atop her head in the shape of the cross.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." He added quickly. Lord Uhtred gave a whistle, "come with me." He called leading Khaana out to the baptizing of Osbert.

Those few who still remained inbthe fortess gathered around outside, Osbert stood in a deep wooden pool of water, Beocca at his side and his Father and Step Mother behind Beocca. With his hand over Osbertcs head Beicca pushed him under the cold water. "Heavenly Father, receive your servant, Uhtred, into the Holy kind of the Saints and into the ranks of the most bright angels!" Beocca prayed loudly.

"Let your holy waters cleanse him and make him worthy of your blessing." Khaana watched the water as Osbert held his breath and tried not to shiver in the icey pool. "Make him your instrument and your rod.let him realize the significance of the written wordso that he may learn of yout gloryand in turn, may spread your word."  Osbertcs stepmother glanced at the water and then to Beocca as the water started to bubble.  "Beoc-"

"-let him grow in his wisdom and in respect, so he might lead in a godly manner -" Khaana had seen enoughb with a soft snarl she snapped her jaws down on Beocca's sleeve and tugged . "Beocca he is cleansed!" Osberts stepmother gasped. "Amen." Beocca said quickly, he let Osbert up out of the water and gave Khaana a kick.

Osbert emerged out of the waters as Uhtred, and shivered while gulping down as much air as he could as fast as he could. Looking over the small gathered crowd. "Welcome Uhtred, son of Uhtred or Bebbanburg, to the christian world!" Beocca called out. The crowd cheered and clapped joyously "behold, these are your people, these are your lands." said Beocca. The people clapped by beating thier right hand over thier hearts.

Uhtred smiled looking over all the faces, still shivering but too excited to feel the cold as he grased the amber pendent around his neck.

It was very late into the night before Uhtred got to bed. Khaana lay at his his feet to keep him warm. "So you are Uhtred now, are you?" Khaana thought to him. Uhtred smiled and yawned "yes, its exciting but I am nervous." He confessed. "That is understandable." Khaana said. "Father has named you Sachiel." said Uhtred with a chuckle. Khaana sneered and huffed "I will be called no such thing. I am Khaana...and I am not, Saxon no matter whom I side with." She growled.