"Shut up" I groan with a smile. "We're studying tonight" I explain and he smirks.

"If that's your story. I'm going to the courts with the guys, bye" I watch him drive away before falling onto my bed with a big smile on my face. The kiss from Dans party was on my mind, I didn't know what it meant or what I wanted it to mean. After changing into jeans and a shirt, I leave for Carters.

"Hey" Carter smiles at me when he opens the door, Josh pops his head out from behind him.

"Adley!" He exclaims, making me laugh at how wrong he pronounced my name. "Will you play legos with me? Carter has been getting ready for so long" I laugh and look up at Carter to see him glaring at Josh.

"Is that so?" I ask Carter and he laughs as his cheeks turn a light pink.

"How about after we study, we can watch Spider-Man and play legos?" Carter suggests, making Josh nod his rapidly before running back into the house. "He had chocolate milk with dinner. It's like he's on steroids" Carter explains and I laugh. "Now let's get started" He sarcastically exclaims, making me groan.

"So this equals this and that equals that?" I ask as we finish the review packet.

"Yes" Carter nods his head. "I have a feeling you're gonna do great on this test Monday" He says.

"I hope so" I say with a smile. "Now, how about that Spider-Man?" I ask with a smirk, making him laugh.

"I'm sure Josh has been waiting" He says but when I go to walk into the living room, Carter tugs on my arm to turn me around to face him. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something" My heart races as I think about the kiss.

"Is it Spider-Man time yet?" Josh interrupts and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah" I breathe out and follow the small boy into the living room. Carter sits down next to me on their grey couch as the commercials play. Then, Josh plops himself down in between us making Carter groan and myself laugh. Sometime in the movie, we all fell asleep.

***

I wake up confused as to why I'm sitting on a couch in a unfamiliar living room. Carter lays next to me, asleep.

"Carter" I shake him and he slowly sits up from his slumber.

"I gotta get home, my mom probably thinks I'm dead. But, thank you" I give him a smile as he yawns.

"We can get breakfast?" He asks and I shake my head.

"My mom probably called the police already. Bye!" I give him a quick kiss on the cheek, before beginning the drive home. As I pull into the driveway I notice Lucas getting out of his car.

"Where were you?" He asks.

"Where were you?" I challenge.

"At least tell me you used a condom?" He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"We were literally watching Spider-Man with his little brother and fell asleep. That's disgusting, he's just my tutor" I say and Lucas rolls his eyes. "Well, Where were you?" He shrugs.

"Long story" We walk into the house to find our mom standing there, waiting for us.

"Please, tell me that you guys were somewhere in the land of no phones" She says with her eyebrows raised and a hand on her hip.

"I know. I should've called" Luke says.

"Um, coming home would have been another option" She says.

"We know. We're sorry" I say.

"Y-you two looked me in the eye, and you said 'go to Italy. We can take care of ourselves" She says.

"Look, we can, mom. A guy drugged Peyton's drink at a party. Brooke called me for help. Alright, I took her home, waited 'til she felt better. Truth" Luke says.

"As excuses go, that's pretty solid. Is she okay?" She asks.

"She'll be fine" Luke shrugs.

"And where were you Adalia Elizabeth?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Well, you know I was at Carters studying and after we were done, his little brother wanted to watch Spider-Man, we fell asleep in the middle of it" She nods before inhaling.

"Drugs, parties, spending the night at boys houses and I'm supposed to leave the country?" She sarcastically says.

"Hey, don't not go to Italy because of this. Okay, mom, please" Luke begs.

"We'll see. But if I do decide to go, I'm gonna have Keith come and stay here while I'm gone" She explains.

"Great, just as long as you go" Luke says before pulling out a paper from his pocket and handing it to her. "I went on Peyton's computer and booked you a flight on the emergency credit card. Non-refundable. I want you to have something for yourself, mom. You've earned it" He says before bringing us in a hug.

"Dammit, Luke, you always out-do me" I fake pout and we laugh into the hug.

"So, Del, you and this Carter guy, huh?" My mom asks, making Lucas laugh.

"Um, no. Just my tutor" I say.

"If that's your story" She says.

***

"So, you guys are sure your okay with Deb taking over?" Mom asks Lucas and I as Keith packs her suitcase into the car.

"Yeah, if it means you get to go" I smile at her as she hugs Lucas then hugs me.

"I love you, mom" I say into the hug.

"I love you too, don't do anything crazy while I'm gone" She laughs before walking to the car. Luke and I wave to her as her and Keith drive away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOAL FOR THIS CHAPTER IS 6 LIKES AND 3 COMMENTS

hi babies I'm gonna try and write some stuff this weekend but atm school is my number one priority, I'm failing two classes and that just ain't the move as I'm gonna be applying to colleges in like 6 months... scary. but I still love u guys

xoxo