"They beat you?" Adam growled, just as Kathleen started growling with her ears pinned against her head.

"I never said that. Ok, well they sort of did. I wasn't exactly coming with them so easily so one of them punched me in the chest. He did that again later when I was lo-" I stopped there suddenly realized I was about to say looking at Jace. "laughing at them." I covered up. What type of an excuse was that? Well, it was out there now.

Adam narrowed his eyes. I shrugged, before going onto Kathleen.

"So how are you doing?" I asked her.

"She's fine," He snapped.

I narrowed my eyes at him not liking his attitude. He just kept looking at Kathleen. I finally looked away from him, going back to Kathleen.

Kathleen was watching the two of us with worried eyes.

"We're fine," I assured her. She showed her teeth which is what I was guessing to be a grin.

She turned around pushing something off of the desk and onto the ground. I walked towards her peering over her shoulder at it. It was a fashion magazine. I groaned, before she started pawing at it trying to open up the magazine.

"Even in wolf form you're trying to give me fashion tips," I complained under my breath. She glared at me. "Sorry, it's true."

I sat down next to her, and pulled out the magazine from under her heavy paw. I opened it up to the first page. I heard a groan, that I was just about to let out, fill the room. I looked up to see Adam look like he was being tortured.

"We are trying to have some girl time," I told him while glaring. He just stayed not getting the hint. "Didn't you need to go use the bathroom or something?"

He glared at me before stomping off. Yeah I know I was kind of being a bitch, but I felt at though I was already carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. Adding a grouchy Adam to it was not going to help me.

Kathleen suddenly whined at me.

"What?" I asked her.

She just shook her giant head, before nodding towards the direction Adam just went.

"No, if he wants to be a moron then he can be one."

I quickly looked down at the magazine in my lap. I shut it, before leaning my head on the bed. I was tired, and all of that energy in the car just suddenly vanished. Kathleen must have noticed, because she tried tugging on my shirt and pulling me up to the bed.

"No, I'm fine. I'm just going to go make a cup of coffee for me or something," I told her before standing up.

I walked into the kitchen, trailed by Kathleen. My brothers and I would come here all the time when we wanted to get away from home, so I knew my way around here. They always allowed us to eat anything we wanted when we were here. I opened up the cabinet to find an energy drink. I couldn't help the wide grin that slit my face. I reached out for the monster and cracked it open.

Kathleen started whining. She tried grabbing at it with her mouth, but found it to be really hard. I quickly jumped up onto the counter away from her. She tried yanking on my jeans trying to pull me down, but not wanting to hurt me on the way down. I put my lips on the can, and started to chug it all down. The large monster was gone within a minute. I crushed the can in victory. I smiled as my throat tingled from chugging the down the drink. Suddenly Adam was bursting into the kitchen.

"What's going on? Kathleen told me to get down here this minute," He said before his eyes landed on me on the counter. They zeroed in on the crushed monster in my hand. "You didn't."