Chapter Thirty Two

Forgive me, forgive me not. I will still sneak into your house and eat your food.
... But, then I'd feel terrible, so I would go to the store and buy you every single thing they have.
_____________________________________

Carter's Point of View

"You ok?" He asked, noticing I had stopped walking. We stood somewhere in the tall cornfield, giving me the heebie jeebies.

"Yeah, I just. . ." I sighed. "I heard something strange."

"What did it sound like?" He suddenly asked, sounding alarmed.

"It sounded more like a giggle, I don't know," I whispered. "I'm probably just paranoid."

"C'mere, Carter," He responded, opening his arms. I practically knocked him over as I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his neck. He hugged me tight and tried to soothe me like always.

"As much as I love your comfort; It's a bit scary, considering the fact that we are just standing in this creepy cornfield," I mumbled to him. He chuckled and pulled away before grabbing a hold of my hand. He dragged me further as the sun started to set.

After an hour or so had dreadfully passed, the sun completely dropped from our vision. The moon was out, giving us only a small amount of light that lead us to the end of the cornfield.

"Thank you, moon light," I whispered as Harry gave my hand a squeeze.

"Ready?" He asked. I glanced up at him in confusion. He never met my gaze, because his eyes were settled ahead. I turned my head to face forward, and I let out an exasperated sigh, gazing at the large forest. "What? Tired of walking?"

"My feet have lost feeling and it's trailing up my leg," I stated, not wanting to hear his snickers right now.

"Here," He said, stepping in front of me and bending his knees. "Hop on my back."

"Harry, are you sure-"

"Just hop on my damn back, Carter," He cut me off. I placed my hands on his shoulder and jumped onto his back. He held my thighs as I loosely wrapped my arms around his neck. I laid my chin on top of Harry's shoulder while we continued on our journey. I mindlessly tugged on the small curls at the nape of his neck.

"This is very spooky," I whispered in his ear.

"Spookier than the tunnel?" He asked, with a slight chuckle.

"Maybe not that spooky." I cringed at the thought of the creepy tunnel.

"Would you stop tugging on my hair. Your body being so close to me is enough to get my thoughts going," He said. I immediately stopped and quietly apologized. After a long silence, I had to speak.

"Your curls are just so-"

"Carter," He spoke my name in a stern tone.

"Ok, sorry, I'll stop," I responded. Then, it got even more quiet. "Harry," I sighed, moving my head to stare at the side of his face. From my view, I could tell his eyebrows were furrowed as he bit his lip.

"Yes, Carter?" He said, attempting to mock me. I laughed and pinched his cheeks, only to get a glare sent in my direction. "I'll shove you against that tree," He threatened, playfully.

"Do it, I dare you," I scoffed. He shrugged and walked towards the tree. My eyes widened, he wasn't kidding. "Harry, no!" I frantically yelled, trying to get out of his grip. He only laughed jokingly, and shook his head.

I reached out behind me and placed my palm on the tree. I eventually wrapped my arms around the tree, which caused Harry to jerk back and fall flat on his bum. I laughed and let go of the tree, listening to Harry chuckle.