Chapter Twenty Seven

FUDGE DARNIT, BERNADETTE BARNEY NOTABLE FISH STICKS WITH MACARONI AND CHEESE STUFFED IN A HAMBURGER

Continue...
___________________________

Carter's Point of View

It was completely dark in the basement; the power in my house had shut off, leaving me to fend for myself.

"H-Harry?" I whispered, too terrified to move.

"Carter." A deep voice whispered in my ear. I cringed and screwed my eyes shut, the feeling of fingertips trailing up my arm. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as he slowly breathed in and out. "Do you believe me?"

"N-No," I stuttered. I knew what was happening. "Leave him alone."

"I don't know what you are talking about," He chuckled, placing his hands on my waist. I squirmed, but his grip only tightened.

"Stop!" I gritted my teeth as I tried to pry his hands off me. "Leave Harry alone!" As soon as those words escaped my lips, he started to get more violent. My back was pressed up against his chest, his sweaty arms wrapped around my waist.

"What makes you think I'm not Harry?" He whispered. "Huh?"

"You're trying to change him," I stated. "You're trying to ruin him."

"He kept the smart one I see," He laughed. My heart nearly sank, knowing this thing I was talking to certainly wasn't Harry. "Now listen here, sweetheart," He whispered in my ear. "We do this the easy way, or the hard way. Pick your choice." His grip tightened, my body suddenly becoming aware of how the fast the temperature changed.

"What do you even want with him?" I asked, trying my best not to cry like a baby.

"Enough with the fucking questions," He hissed, dragging me through the dark. A small patch of fire suddenly lit up beside my face, nearly making me scream. I glanced over my shoulder, my eyes widening in fear. "Why so frightened?" He mocked, chuckling soon after he spoke.

"Stop doing this to him," I replied. "He doesn't deserve this."

"How cute," He smirked, completely ignoring my words. "He's begging me not to hurt you."

I attempted to pull out of his grip, but it was useful. I was scared and confused; I wanted to know this was Harry and not some creepy devil taking over his body.

"I'm wondering if I should give away where I put your father, or just tie you next to him and watch you suffer," He pondered, keeping me in his tight hold.

"Neither," I whispered before I kicked my foot back and hit him in the groin; sorry for that Harry. He immediately let go, groaning in pain. The fire in his hand diminished to a little ball as I backed away from him.

"You little shit," He cursed, chasing after me. I turned away and ran, having no idea where I was going. I held my arms out in front of me incase I ran into a cement wall. "You think you can fucking run," He growled, catching me as if it were so easy; which I assume it was. Just then, the doorbell rang from upstairs, a groan escaping his lips. "At a fucking time like this."

"I-I'll go answer it," I replied, quietly. He stayed silent for a while.

"Don't pull anything or I swear-"

"I won't!" I told him, causing him to release me from his grip. He pushed me towards what I guessed was the stairs; how else was I getting out. I blindly climbed the stairs, nearly tripping and falling back down. The doorbell rang once more just as I opened the basement door. I scurried through the dark house and approached the front door.