Chapter Forty One

"Ma'm ...
your cockatoo just fell off a two story balcony and sharted on somebody's head."
• 7 billion people in this world and ONE person must have experienced this today. •
_______________________________________

Carter's Point of View

It was a long drive, to say the least. I was forced to take the window seat, Harry's orders. He sat in the middle seat, which made him look a bit trapped and squished, but he still expressed his infamous glare. The silence In the car was awkward and it made me constantly fidget in my spot.

"Sit still, Carter," Harry whispered.

"Could they at least put on the radio?" I asked, quietly. The black haired guy--Zayn, was his name--turned to look at me with raised eyebrows.

"Eyes on the road, pal." Harry suddenly hissed.

"But I'm not driv-"

"Eyes on the road," He repeated, with a more stern tone. I can't understand what is going on and why we are so suddenly in a rush to make a quick get away with random strangers.

"Music, please." And thank the high heavens they put it on. The music was all jazz, barely any lyrics to hum along to. I sighed and leant my head against the window--it's better than listening to nothing at all.

"Where are we now?" Harry suddenly asked.

"In the middle of the desert," Liam, who was driving the car, had answered.

"I can fucking see that, genius," He grumbled.

"Oh, well uh. . . I don't really have a map or GPS in the car."

"Lost. You mean to tell me we are lost."

"Appears so." Louis responded, mindlessly drawing on the window with a sharpie.

"Louis, what the hell are you doing?! Get that marker away from the window!" Liam shouted from the drivers seat. Louis simply shrugged and capped the sharpie.

"Why not have a little fun before our ultimate death?" He exaggerated.

"What are you talking about?" Zayn hesitantly asked.

"We're gonna die?" Liam barely whispered. I glanced at Harry, waiting for him to deny their accusations but he stared straight forward. So, I nudged him and watched his face soften as he looked back at me. Sighing, he opened his mouth to speak.

"No, you idiots, you aren't gonna die. Keep driving 'till you see something ahead."

And that was that for nearly three hours. The constant variety of jazz music almost made me bang my head against the window.

"Louis, c-can you check to make sure Niall is ok," Liam spoke, sounding hesitant. Louis nodded and turned to look behind the back of our seats.

"He's fine, Li. Still out cold."

Liam hummed and finally switched the channels on the radio.

"Yes," I muttered once I heard the familiar old song. I saw the corner of Harry's lips pull up and it made me smile wide. "I know you want to smile," I teased him.

"Shut up," He grumbled, but I knew it was meant to be playful. I poked his stomach--which I have to admit was very rock hard, good lord--and watched a full grown smile flash across his face.

"Oh look, he has a smile," Louis teased, though it sounded more like a rough joke. Just like that, his smile vanished as fast as it appeared. He glared at louis and grabbed a tight hold of my hand.

"I think I see something ahead," Liam announced with a smile of relief, that I could see in the rearview mirror.

"Drive faster," Harry demanded.

"T-This is how fast my car can go," He nervously replied. Harry just sighed and leant back, staring out of my window. It took a good, more so bad, ten minutes to get to the run down, wooded building. Once Liam unlocked the doors, I quickly stepped out and stretched, my bones cracking in a relieving way. Everyone immediately walked towards the building, the hot sun beaming down on us.

"Is it abandoned?" Louis quietly asked.

"I don't know," Liam answered.

"Stay out here, I'm gonna do a check inside," Harry stated before opening the creaky door. I would have protested, but he had made the escape so quickly.

I sat down on the porch steps, the three boys eventually following.

"Wait, somebody needs to get Niall outa the fucking car. He's gonna roast!" Liam exclaimed. I had to slap my hand over my mouth to keep myself from laughing. It's funny how so out of it they are.

"Right, right," Zayn whispered, running toward the car to collect an unconscious Niall.

"Why aren't you guys driving off without us?" I suddenly spoke, curious.

"As much as I want to, I don't want to risk that boyfriend of yours finding us and slitting our throats," Liam explained with a blunt expression. "I'd rather live, thank you very much."

"It's empty," A rough voice spoke, startling all of us. I stood up first and walked toward Harry who had his arms crossed, muscles bulging out and various tattoos on display, which made him look really intimidating. Mostly to the boys, but definitely not to me. I followed Harry in, the boys trudging after.

"Whoa," I heard Liam whisper as we all took in the small place.

"Six bedrooms, I checked every room. It's all clear," Harry announced, though he sort of looked off. I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to ask him once we were alone.

"What are we gonna eat?" Zayn asked.

"There's a mart just further down the road," Harry answered.

"How did you know that?" I asked this time. He only shrugged and walked me toward the stairs. Just as he was about to climb them, he turned to the four boys and decided to 'set things straight'.

"Nobody leaves this house until I fucking say so." He gritted his teeth and watched as the three furiously nodded their head. "Good." He dragged me up the steps and into a room before slamming the door shut. "Carter," He whispered, his breathing becoming rapid.

"What's wrong?" I immediately asked. He stood silently before picking up a dusty picture frame off of the dresser. He looked at it for a while before he showed me. I stared at the picture; it was of a little boy, almost looking the age of 5, smiling wide at whoever was taking the picture. He was holding a gray stuffed teddy bear in one hand and he was holding a girl's hand with the other. She wasn't smiling, though. She had a mad expression on her face. "Do you know them?" I asked.

"I do," He whispered.

"Who are they?"

"It's. . . It's me and my sister."

_______________________________________
Author's Note -

Oh lawd. If I mentioned Deranged Harry's family in this story before, then I apologize if I somehow messed up because I have very bad fanfic memory and I am too scared to read my horrible writing.

Wrote this on a snow day, wa-waaaat. seriously though, there is so much snow and it's reminding me exactly of the scene in If I Stay where the crash happens and I'm gonna cry gahhh.

I HAVE A VIDEO OF ME MEETING TWAIMZ ON MY INSTAGRAM: @/_Makayla_xx
HOLY CRAP I LOVE HIM SO MUCH I CAN CRY!