The Blue-Eyed Stranger

Depuis le début

"Thank you, but I can't accept that." I told her as I handed her the envelope back, "I feel bad already for firing you, so please take the money." She said.

"Okay, thank you." I said as I took the envelope and hugged her goodbye.

Perfect, now I have to find another day shift, I started my car and my journey in finding a place I could work at. After hours of searching in vain, I decided to go back home since it's becoming late and my night shift was about to start.

As I arrived home, I took a quick shower, then changed into my work attire. Which consist of a see-through button-up white shirt and a black pencil skirt. I tucked my shirt inside my skirt then left my humble apartment.

When I arrived at the restaurant I tied my hair into a messy ponytail, then I wore my black apron and served some tables. After 2 hours, I started getting tired but I knew I had to work more so I took an extra shift.

After an hour I gave the family which I was serving the receipt, and when I turned around to leave their table I saw a group of four men entering the restaurant.

One of them caught my eyes, he was wearing a dark blue suit which made his eyes stand out from all of his beautiful features. Whenever he moved I discovered remarkable features, from his jawline to his biceps. He was beautiful.

But the looks of fear from the customers' faces, showed that they knew who they are and that they feared them. But I, on the other hand, had no clue, as always. 

I went back to the kitchen and admired the handsome man from the kitchen's small window, but I was interrupted "What are you doing??" My boss asked me as she tapped her heels on the floor.

"Ummm, nothing." I said, "Exactly!! Go serve some tables and stop gawking at our customers." She said as she rolled her eyes and walked to her office.

I walked out of the kitchen and saw a table with no waiter assigned to it. Without a doubt, the table was for the 4 men.

I grabbed the menus and walked towards their table. "Hi, I'm Zoe and I'll be your waiter for tonight." I said as I reached their table and that is when I really saw him. And he was beautiful, I think I said that more than once today. His dark blue lingering eyes were focused on me, which made me slightly uncomfortable. 

I tried to break eye contact by handing them the menu, but as I reached to hand it to him, I felt his hand grazing mine which made me jerk away immediately. That made him smirk, and I blush.

So I looked down on the floor and started fidgeting with my fingers, then I finally got to hear his voice which was deep and husky and it confusingly warmed my heart, "Aren't you going to ask us what we'd like to order? I think that's part of your job as a waiter, right?" He said sarcastically.

Well, there goes his beauty, I gulped and said, "Yes, sorry. What would you like to have?" 

"Can I have you?" One of the guys who's name was Damon said.

"No thank you, not interested." I said sarcastically and almost immediately which left 2 of the men laughing excluding the blue-eyed stranger who eyed me from up to down and another mysterious brunette guy who kept on staring at his phone.

"So, what would you like to order?" I asked them again, which I finally received an answer. Then, I asked them if they would like to drink anything and one of the men asked me for the best bottle of champagne.