12: I Sing to a Dead Girl

Gabbie POV

   Luke, AKA cringy tinder fuck boy, sat down with his child in his lap. "I still can't believe that you have a son," I said. His little son stared into my eyes. What if Shane and I had a child? Nevermind.
   We could hear Beth singing "Out Loud" while trying not to cry. "Who's that?" Luke asked. "Oh, that's my daughter, Beth. I adopted her last spring," I answered. "Is she ok?" he asked, concerned. "No, her friend jumped off a bridge. I'll go check on her," I answered. He stared at me like I had just said something very unrealistic, and it was, but it was still true.
   I went to Beth's room, and saw her crying in the corner, shaking, and she had a blanket wrapped around her. "It's not your fault," I reassured her, "I'll bring you ice cream." I went to get her ice cream, and Luke asked, "What are you doing?" I got out the ice cream and a spoon, held it up, and took it to Beth. He understood. I came back in the room and said, "Let's start the video now."

Beth POV

If I could have just one more minute with her, I would say that I forgive her, I wrote down on my paper. This eulogy wasn't going to write itself. Then I had the greatest idea. What if I sang "Out Loud" at the funeral? It would definitely give me some closure. I looked at the empty container of ice cream on my bed, and decided to get up and throw it away.
I walked into the living room, avoiding the camera. I went to the kitchen, threw it away, and started to exit. "As always I love you guys very much, thanks for being a part of my family, and I'll see you next time," I heard Mom say. I went over to her and said, "I have the greatest idea ever!" I squealed, "what if I sing 'Out Loud' at the funeral?" "I guess my music is that depressing," Mom said, "But that's actually a really good idea!"
"Oh, hi!" I said to cringy tinder fuck boy, "what's your name again?" "Luke," he responded as I looked down at the little child in his lap. "Oh my gosh, who's the cutest little thing?" I said in my voice that I usually reserve for my dog. There was a knock at the door, and I opened it to reveal Trevor. I ran into his arms, and he held me as my tears for Jaz fell down my face.