Chapter 1: New life

En başından başla

"What does that mean?" I ask him feeling quite curious. I know Johnny can be full on but I've never seen him be weird before.

"He tries too hard, he talks to us like he's our dad" Junae rolls her eyes. I haven't had the talk with the kids yet, they can tell that it's a very touchy subject so they never ask about their dad. But that doesn't stop me from thinking about the day they'd want answers from me.

"Uncle Bambam is coming to town" I quickly change the subject not knowing how to respond to their comment.

"Finally some good news woman" Lucas exclaims forcing me to give him the eye. Lucas can be quiet but sometimes you can tell that Junae has influenced him in many ways.

"Be nice and I'll pick you up at 6pm" I say to them both as I park the car and watch them jump out one by one. They wave goodbye then start pushing each other as they walk into the school building. "Ah shit I forgot to give them breakfast" I murmur and hit the steering wheel. Well they'll survive. I begin to drive to work, it's the same place that Jae Yoon used to work but I refused to work in her office, even after 8 years it still haunts me.

"Good morning Ms. Carter" my assistant Kimmy greets me and passes me a cup of coffee.

"Don't try and act all prestige Kimmy we know how you get down" I wink at her making her laugh.

"Girl you gonna do me dirty like that huh? Where's that hottie Uncle of yours I miss him" She asks me about Uncle JB making me roll my eyes at her question. "What? Bish he gives good dick" she shouts at me causing everyone in the hall way to stare at us. I love Kimmy to bits, we met at a club in Soho when I got into a fight with one of the girls, she backed me up despite the fact she didn't know me.

"Oh hey there Jaelyn I can't wait to see the kids today" Johnny smiles at me as soon as I walk by his office. He leans on the door with one hand in his pocket and with a coffee cup in the other. He really does try too hard.

"They can't wait to see you too" I lie to him but by the look on his face I can tell that, that lie has made his day already. Me and Johnny became close because of Daniel then after I finished school we both got a job at the same company whilst Daniel became a professional boxer. We all still hang out plus Junae has a massive crush on Daniel.

"So sis I was thinking me and you pole dancing-"

"Imma have to stop you right there hun" I cut off Kimmy making her sulk at me like a little girl. I take a seat and unpack my laptop whilst she begins to make faces at me trying to guilt trip me. "I'm not pole dancing"

"Come on Jae, you got that hot mama body and you don't use it to your advantage" she complains as she sits on my desk and begins to eat my grapes.

"Who's got a hot mama body?" Johnny butts into our conversation with a pile of paperwork in his hands. "Ah these are for you, sorry" he gives me a weak smile and puts down the pile of paper work on my desk. How great.

"Johnny, don't you just want to see Jae's sexy hot body all wet and soaked with baby oil as she waves her ass in the air on a pole?" She asks him and he just goes all silent making me and Kimmy laugh at his reaction.

"Erm I should erm yeah I'm just gonna go" he stummers and loosens his tie before leaving the room. I look at Kimmy and she has a massive cheeky smile on her face and already I know what she's gonna say.

"Don't say it-"

"The man is in love with you! He legit had a boner just from me describing you on a pole imagine if you actually was on a pole" she exclaims and exaggerates the whole situation. I begin to unpile the paper work and putting it into different sections. If i knew being a journalist meant so much paper work then I would've worked in McDonald's. "Come on Jae you can't be single forever" she sighs making me roll my eyes at her.