Chapter 10: The A Team

"You're finished." Kakashi states to Zabuza holding the kunai to his neck. Naruto and Sakura cheer but Zabuza starts laughing like we were missing something. I had no choice but to activate my sharingan to scan the area. I could see that the real Zabuza was sneaking up from behind to strike Kakashi.

His water clone says, "Finished? You really don't get it, do you? Your technique is nothing but a crass imitation. I'll never be defeated by a mere copycat ninja like you." Kakashi grunts in response as he continues, "You are full of surprises, though You'd already copied my water clone jutsu when you made your little speech. Very skillfully executed. You made your clone say those words to draw my attention while you hid in the mist, waiting for me to make my move. Nice try, but I'm not that easy to fool." The real Zabuza appears behind Kakashi while his water clone disperses into a puddle. Naruto gasps, "Hey! That one's a clone too!" He swings his sword towards Kakashi and misses as Kakashi hastily ducks under his strike. The sword sticks into the ground as he switches hands, Zabuza kicks Kakashi sending him flying through the air with a grunt.

Zabuza notices as he picks up his sword, "Huh? Makibishi spikes. Trying to slow me down. Hmph. Foolish." Kakashi backflips into the water yet there was something weird about this water. I weave and teleport on top the water where Kakashi surfaces.

"This water is for a jutsu you need to get out of there now."

Zabuza appears next to us and says, "Ah, fools." Afterwards he weaves (Snake-Ram-Horse-Rabbit-Ram-Horse-Rabbit-both palms out sealing sign) and continues, "Water Prison Jutsu!"

Kakashi hollers, "No! Shiori get out of here!" The water forms into a sphere around Kakashi but not before escaping above Zabuza. I descend down touching the back of his shoulder marking him with my jutsu. He grabs my wrist then kicks hard into my stomach sliding on the ground towards my teammates.

I groan in pain but managed to stand up holding my stomach as Zabuza laughs, "Escaping into the water--Bad mistake. This prison is made of water, but it's stronger than steel. It's hard to fight when you can't move. So much for the great Kakashi. I'll finish you off later but first your little friends will have to be eliminated." He creates a water clone to take care of us while Naruto gasps in shock then declares, "You think wearing a headband makes you a ninja. When you've hoovered between life and death so many times it doesn't faze you, then you may be called a ninja. When you've become so deadly, your profile is entered in my bingo book, then you may have earned the title ninja. But to call upstarts like you a ninja is a joke." His clones disappears for a second to reappears kicking Naruto through the air then slides on the ground as Zabuza stomps on Naruto's headband, "You're just brats." He growls.

Sasuke gasps in shock while Sakura shouts, "Naruto!" I teleport to catch Naruto and stop him from sliding anymore.

Before I could say anything Kakashi angrily grunts, "Listen! Get the bridge builder and run! You can't win this fight! He's using all his power to keep me in this prison so he can only fight you with his water clone. But the clone can't go far from his real body. If you get away from him, he can't follow. Now run!"

I scowl while helping Naruto to his feet, "Say if we run, Kakashi! Then what he'll just track us down and kills us and the bridge builder. We would've failed the mission!"

"We've got to do it." Sasuke yells while charging at Zabuza, this catches his attention to grip his sword. Sasuke throws shuriken, Zabuza whips his sword off his back and knocks the shuriken down. Sasuke jumps in the air screaming, "Now!"

Zabuza scoffs, "Too easy." He catches Sasuke by the throat making him choke then throws Sasuke to the ground causing him to slide.

Sakura freaks, "Sasuke! No!"