Chapter 5: Pass or Fail: Survival Test

Expect the unexpected is my motto but Kakashi on the other hand is a whole different story; when you know he is out wasting time as usual while Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto and I wait for him to arrive into the classroom sometime today. We have been lingering here since we returned from our afternoon lunch which was two hours ago although time has passed Naruto grows more impatient by the minute as I spectate sitting on the desktop next to Sasuke's seat.

I lean back a little, "Sasuke?"

"Hm..." He responds turning his gaze towards my way.

"One of these days you'll have to come over to my house considering we haven't talked since that incident so will you?" As I glance a little to my right looking over my shoulder to see his reaction.

He shrugs, "I don't see why not."

I smirk while returning my gaze to Naruto pacing back and forth, "Good." Suddenly, Naruto walks to the hallway surveying the area expecting him to appear in a flash.

He scowls, "He's late."

"Naruto, just sit down." Sakura lightly scolds to only have Naruto pout.

"I don't want to; how come our teacher is the only one late. I'm ready to roll believe it. The other groups already met their teachers and are off on some adventure or something and Iruka Sensei is gone too."

She sighs, "I know ok." as Sakura lifts her head to catch a glimpse of him grabbing the eraser and asks, "Hey, what are you doing."

"Don't you know already...He is going to play a prank on the teacher and to top it off a dumb one at that." I shake my head as Sasuke stops ignoring them to see what's going on as Naruto opened the door a little to put the chalkboard eraser at the top with a big idiotic grin on his face.

"Naruto!" She yells.

Naruto laughs hysterically, "That's what he gets for coming late...Surprise!" We all eye the eraser with a little interest taking the bait while I giggle knowing Kakashi would play along with this scheme.

"You're asking for trouble you know you shouldn't do that." She explains while her eyes twinkle in excitement at the prospect. So much for her explanation... I sigh to myself.

"Alright, I'm with you Naruto...I'm in the mood to stir a little trouble." As I smirk in amusement while imagining what Kakashi would do next as usual Sasuke tries to kill the mood.

"Um...The teacher is a Jonin an elite ninja you think he would fall for that."

Sakura chimes in agreement, "Yeah, Sasuke's right you're clueless Naruto."

Kakashi's POV

I notice that the eraser was at the top of the door waiting to fall on the person who came through. How ridiculously childish but I'll use it to my advantage. I thought as I put my hand on the door opening it letting the eraser fall on top of my head. Sasuke and Sakura have shocked expressions while Naruto laughs it off as for Shiori, she had an amused smirk as if she knew I would fall into their trap on purpose.

"Hahaha...I got him he fell for it." As Naruto's laughter continues Sakura pleads for mercy.

"I'm sorry Sensei! I told him not to do it but he wouldn't listen I'd never do anything like that." Although, I could see that she was enjoying that the trap worked.

Shiori twinkles with delight, "Sensei, it was my idea and I accept any kind of punishment you give me." After that she winks at me making an emphasis on her statement; in response, I blush underneath the mask but of course, no one would notice the change. She's messing me and it's becoming more frequent. I state to myself while bending forward to collect the eraser then I straighten up to say, "Um...how can I put this...my first impression of this group...you're a bunch of idiots." After my assessment the three of them are perplexed but Shiori was just giggling knowing what I meant while I continue to stare at them in silence. Motioning them to follow me, I lead them towards the roof of the building.