Fools and Good Boys

Olden day story. Set around the 1700's or something not sure. Dont judge me, i got bored ok? XD

Dedicated to conleyswifey. Why? cos i love your books! and also i loved "The Fallen Angel" :D

xox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a whole group of them at the corner of the ship but those who were closest or couldn't get away looked scared of the crowding men and I was sure my brother was in the middle of them. I heard a girl though, then suddenly I knew what was going on. The reason why people were edging away and tried to have nothing to do with my brother and his stupid friends.

I clenched the gun in my hands and pushed my way through the shrinking prisoners and then there was the voice of my brother as I stopped just outside the circle of men, neither of them letting me in.

'C'mon princess, how bout you show us something yeah?' I hear Alexander ask someone, obviously the girl, his voice perverted and making me clench my fists as the others laughed, edging him on.

'Stop it, don't touch me!' she growled at him but any old fool could hear the fear in her voice as she snapped at him.

I hear a thud and the boys started snickering, I knew I had to step in before Alexander did something he'd regret, the dumb boy, I always had to pull him out of something.

I looked at the other officers in here who held their guns and were watching the group carefully before jerking my head at the group as signal for half of them to come my way and back me up in case. They nod.

'Move it! Get out of my way!' I say as I pushed through quickly and stood staring at a girl on the ground, her cheek red and eyes brimming with tears as my brother stood over her.

She looked young, probably the youngest girl on the ship if you didn't include the children. It wasn't her looks that caught your eye but there was something about her that pulled you to her, that tugged at you.

'Stop it Alexander, do not be a fool,' I scold glaring at him as he glared back. He may be older than me but I was always the one who had to take care of things, always the one who pulled him out of trouble.

He sneers at me before stepping away from the girl and when she looks up and catches my eyes I suddenly realised what it was that made her so interesting, so her. It was her eyes, those lonely, sweet eyes you didn't seem to want to look away from. How could one be so innocent as she stood in this ship? Has she not seen nothing? Has been locked in a room to forever hold her innocence and peace til this very day?

But she didn't look frightened nor scared, she looked more upset then anything.

'Leave Alexander,' I say, but it wasn't a friendly nor brotherly request, it was an order from a soldier and seeing as he was a prisoner he had to listen to me. He looks from me to his, six or so, friends before glaring at the ten or so other men with guns before backing away and smiling at me.

'Always the good boy Demitri, mummy will be proud,' he mocks before walking away, his friends following close behind.

I help the girl up and stare at her, 'are you okay?' I ask cautiously.

She looks away and wipes down her dress before nodding, 'I'm fine... thank you,' she says quietly before walking away and never meeting my eyes again.

Maybe it was the way she walked off on me or the need to check if she was okay again but I couldn't help but try and follow her to where ever she was going, 'wait! What's your-?' but I stop as I see her soon standing behind someone, huddled close behind him in fear.

I look up and find a guy in his late 20's staring back at me, eyes watchful not a glare or emotion on his face.

Is this her boyfriend? Or brother?

I nod at him before turning on my heel and leaving, shoulders squared and back straight, for what is a soldier that shows embarrassment and humiliation - weakness?

___________________________________________________________________________

VOTE~

COMMENT~

FAN~

SHARE~

SMILEEEE :D