Chapter 67: Peace Offerings

Summary: This probably is the Wanda chapter you've been waiting for

Summary: This probably is the Wanda chapter you've been waiting for. Wanda and Vis drive to the lake and meet Bruce and Natasha there. Hatchets get buried but not exactly as expected. Bruce and Raven have a talk on the front porch. There's more talking until Adam has had enough of it.

Note: My thanks to Autumn_Froste for the Beta duties and all those pushes and nudges. I hope this is as cathartic to read as it was to write. I want Wanda to be the standup character I know she can be, but hasn't yet been in the MCU. I hope she and Vis will find a little happiness. That said, I wish Hulk and Bruce would get the chance to make peace with her.

Wanda had made the trip to Tony's lake and lodge before, so she wasn't that nervous about driving there. Thanks to a lot of pulled strings (Cough, cough! Maria Hill) her temporary permit was in her pocket, the luggage was in the Volvo's roomy trunk, and the best copilot she could ask for was in the seat beside her in their borrowed CX90. Vision had insisted on a crossover vehicle instead of a sports car, so they wouldn't attract attention and be pulled over. He had the stats to back up his point, too. The android had reserved this particular very white vehicle out of the compound's carpool. She reached over and squeezed his hand as Vis refreshed the navigation app on his phone again.

"Twelve more miles, and we'll need to exit onto State Road 215," Vision reminded her. She thought he made a good Siri. The android watched the wooded rural landscape pass by for a few minutes. "It appears the weather could hardly be more perfect. Do you plan on meeting Dr. Banner right away or should I unload the luggage first?"

Wanda smiled and shrugged, "I only spoke with him briefly, but Bruce said they would meet us at the lodge. I would like to get things over with while it's just the four of us there this afternoon."

"I would expect Bruce to feel the same way," Vision mused. He had no doubt Hulk would agree.

Wanda signaled and turned right onto the two-lane state road and drove north. Now that they were off the highway, Wanda turned off the air conditioning and lowered the widows. She also turned up the volume on the acoustic guitar music she'd downloaded so it could compete with the outside noise. "I keep having to remind myself not to speed because I want to get this over with."

Vision smiled. "You are a driven person once your mind is made up."

"Was that a pun?" she asked incredulously.

He laughed, "I guess it is."

They were getting close, so Wanda thought she'd better answer to one more person while they still had privacy. "Vis, I've never told you exactly what happened before the incident in Johannesburg, South Africa."

"That's all right. You don't have to if you don't want to do so. It won't change my feelings about you, Wanda."

"I think I do need to tell you. This is not pretty, but I need you to know the truth, just in the case something happens. I don't think there will be an issue, but I don't want you to intervene unless I'm the one endangering someone."