Chapter A - Stormy Weather

A/N: oh my gosh, 1K reads? Thank you guys so much!!

(Y/N) Mer's point of view:

It was a peaceful day. The sun's rays cast a blanket over the horizon, the birdsong floated along with the breeze filtering through my hair. I would've been sitting in my bedroom drawing, but it was too stuffy in there and too nice out here.

I went to the Place des Vosges to create a landscape piece, it was my usual sketching place but it was even more beautiful today.

Apparently Adrien was in agreement, later he had arrived with a photographer for a photo shoot. They set up by the fountain and began to take pictures.

That was an indication for Marinette's appearance. She was there with Alya and a little girl, trying to – and do I really mean trying to – casually stroll by. I guess she's just not accustomed to acting normally around her crush.

I added one more line to the paper and looked up as Marinette was passing by. "H-Hey, guys," I greeted.

Marinette let out a startled shout, probably from being too absorbed in her laid-back act. "Oh! Hi, Mer."

"Casual, huh?" I decided to tease. Her crush was painfully obvious... Even I wasn't as bad as that with Chat Noir! Or, at least, I hope I'm not.

She began to stutter, "u-uh, wh-what do you mean? I'm just – going for a stroll!" Marinette gave a nonchalant eye roll, scratching the back of her head, and her gaze landed on Adrien. He noticed our group and waved at us. Marinette blushed as she waved back, I smiled at him, unfazed.

I later returned to working diligently on my artwork, adding colored details to the trees. I was brought out of this inspired trance when I heard Marinette shriek from a distance, accompanied by the little girl whining. I tried my best to drown it out. Then the noise died down and I resumed my sketching.

It wasn't soon after when I was disturbed once more, I angrily clutched my pencil tighter. I looked up and this time there was a girl floating in the air. She was dressed in dark purple and white with an accompanying mask and parasol. With a wave of the parasol, a gust of icy wind swept past, circling and freezing the carousel in an iceberg. The civilians screamed in panic and began to run away.

The new villain lashed out in bolts of lightning, striking the park.

I found a secluded and private area to transform into Méduse. "Aquiira, change the tides!"

Second person:

You now wielded your heroic attire and traced the path of the akumatized victim.

"Hey Ice Queen, what's with all the terrorizing? Why don't you pick on someone your own temperature?" Chat suggested, perched upon the park fence.

"My name is not Ice Queen! It's Stormy Weather!" the new villain fumed.

Your partner slid down the fence, twirling his tail in one hand. "Listen. I'm feline more generous than usual today. So cool down and we'll call it quits, 'kay?"

Stormy Weather, unamused, opened her parasol and generated a large gust of wind. Chat was swept away down the street where he came face to face with you and Ladybug. Using the water from the fountain, you prevented him from having a bad fall and Ladybug helped him to his feet.

"I thought cats always landed on their feet," she commented.

"Why thanks, M'Ladybug," he replied, dusting himself off, "but I had it covered." He bent down to kiss her hand and you looked away.

Ladybug reacted fast by pushing his nose away, "no time for your childish charms, Chat Noir. But you're welcome."

"Yeah, you're welcome," you muttered under your breath.