Chapter 2 - Stoneheart

Paris is relying on our new guardian angels, Ladybug, Chat Noir and Méduse to save us all. Our lives depend on them.

Mer's point of view:

School the next day was quite the ride, especially with all that went down yesterday. A bunch of my classmates were standing around Ivan during a free period, including myself. I had to make sure nothing else happened.

"So you really don't remember anything?" Alix asked him.

"You were totally going ballistic," Juleka mentioned. "It was so cool!"

"You were seriously out to crush me, dude!" said Kim.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I wasn't myself..." Ivan apologized, averting his gaze.

Chloé and Sabrina approached just then, and that's when I was sure something would go wrong. The blonde brat scoffed, "Once a monster, always a monster." Ivan glowered up at her before rising to his feet and storming off. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

"How could you say that to Ivan? You're the real Stoneheart," Alya defended, marching up to her face.

"Ugh, so I'm the one who broke Sabrina's dad's arm, am I? Just because your footage of those lame superheroes was shown on TV, doesn't mean you have to get so high and mighty," Chloé shot right back. She popped her gum right in front of Alya's face. "Lame superheroes," huh?

"You little..."

"Look out, she's angry! She's going to split her underwear and turn into a huge, muscle-y monster!" She kept at it with the snobby remarks, ultimately pissing off everyone. No wonder akumatizing is so easy. Alya huffed in frustration and walked away.

"Hey, Chloé," we then heard someone greet. Everyone turned their attention to the boy, the same one I saw briefly outside the school.

Chloé was ecstatic. Apparently she does have friends. "Adrikins! You came!" she gushed, running over to him and throwing her arms around him. The students immediately crowded around him upon recognition, and being the uncultured (or just plain oblivious) person I am, I took this as an opportunity to get to class early instead. We met eye contact as I was turning around, and his eyes widened a fraction. I blushed and walked off to homeroom.

I sat at my usual place in the back, addressing Nath with a "hey" as he sat beside me. I opened my sketchbook and flipped to a new page that would soon be filled with Chat Noir doodles.

"This is your seat, Adrikins," I heard Chloé say as she entered. The new boy "Adrikins" trailed in after her. "I saved it for you. Right in front of me!"

Aaand then I decided to tune out of that conversation. Chloé's not worth my awareness. However, I did notice Marinette get mad at Adrikins about the gum that Chloé put on her seat. A bit of an overreaction, especially since it wasn't even his doing. I was too involved in my drawing to care.

I had to square up for attendance, though.

"Agreste, Adrien?" Mrs. Bustier began.

After a moment foregoing a response, Nino whispered to him, "You say 'present'."

Adrien ('Adrikins' was just a pet name of Chloé's) stood up urgently behind his desk, his hand raised high. "Uh, present!" Everyone laughed and he sat back down, sharing a fist bump with Nino.

"Bourgeois, Chloé?"

"Present!" she said in that overbearing tone.

"Bruel, Ivan?"

Wait a second, I haven't seen him since the beginning of the day. I glanced around the classroom. Oh, no—

"Present!" Stoneheart roared, trampling over the door. "Mylène?"