47. The Band Manager

Začít od začátku

Cabir(turning towards Maddy): Aaj glaring day hai kya?

Manik(gritting his teeth): Cabirr.

Maddy(excitedly stood up): Ladies and Gentlemen, as Mr. Manik Malhotra is busy pretending to be angry when actually he is doing gangnam style dance inside his head, I, Mr. Madhyam Singhania, will explain you the situation.

Manik(yelled): I am not pretending. I am angry.

Maddy(coolly): Tu angry nahi hai Manik. You are tensed. I can understand you are a bit confused regarding your emotions. Lekin we can discuss that later as I am busy now.

Manik(muttered): Meri emotions aur mujhe hi nahi pata. Great.

Maddy smiled at him and explained the contract and his condition to everyone to which they gave him a 'thumbs up'.

Nyo(proudly): Well done, partner.

Manik(disbelievingly): Mom, yeh sab aapko pehle se pata tha?

Nyo(excited): Nahi. But I am already impressed with him. He is going to be my partner for the mission....umm...naam kya rakhe?

Navya(adoringly): Arey aunty ji, mission Manan. Hayee, mere Manan.

Manik(pissed): Unbelievable.

He gets angry and sits alone while the rest of the people ignored him and started talking to themselves.

Inside the room

Abhimanyu was sitting on the bed watching Nandini, as she was pacing to and fro still trying to process Manik's words. After waiting for few minutes, he pulled her beside him. Taking her into a side hug, he spoke.

Abhi(pouted): Babydoll, I don't know tu itna kya soch rahi hai. Tu bolegi tabhi mujhe samajh ayega na?

Nandu(frustrated): Bhai, why aren't you getting it? Aapko pata hai what music means to me. How could even you ask me to take up this job?

Abhi(softly): Nandu bachha, see it's not how you are thinking. It's a band. They are just in their starting phase. Unhe thoda help chahiye hoga to manage things. And they are asking you for some help. Dekh jaise tu Manik ko office mein help kar rahi hai. It's similar.

Nandu: But bhai aap...

Abhi(assured): Dekh Nandu, no one will force you to do anything. Just consider it as some help and if you aren't comfortable, you can anytime leave this after informing Manik, right?

Nandu nods.

Abhi(raising an eyebrow): chale phir?

Nandu(suspectively): Before that, Abhimanyu, yeh "no one will force you" wala line kiska hai?

Abhi(curious): Kyun?

Nandu(expectantly): Batao na. Tumhari nahi hai na?

Abhi(dramatically shocked): Babydoll, I care for you. Why would I force you jaan?

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Abhimanyu, I know you care for me. Lekin mujhe iss exact line ke copyrights chahiye.

Abhi(smiled): Manik. Toh usne tujhe kaan mein yeh bola.

Nandu(casually): I still don't understand how are you so cool with Manik. I mean tumhare andar ka yeh overprotective bhai wala mode kaha gayab ho gaya aaj kal.

Abhi(patting her cheek lightly): Nandini, I trust him. Aur chal they are waiting for us.

Seeing him avoiding eye contact, she found something strange but left the topic as everyone was waiting for them outside.

Living room

Abhi(proudly announced): I convinced Nandu to be your band manager guys.

Manik who was being ignored by all and who was busy abusing all harmless curses for his friends stood up abruptly as soon as he heard Abhimanyu's words. While everyone was busy talking to Abhimanyu, Manik took the chance and went towards Nandu.

Manik(concerned): Nandu, are you comfortable with this decision of yours?

Nandu(smiling widely): yes, Mr. Malhotra. Lekin I have a condition.

Manik(happily): I am agreeing with whatever is the condition.

Nandu(chuckles): Manik, pehle sun toh lo.

Manik(grinning): Anything for you. I don't need to but if you insist then tell me.

Nandu(unsure of his reaction): I don't want you to consider this as a job. I will help you with the managing your band part but not as a job.

Manik(bewildered): matlab you won't be taking a salary for this?

Nandu nods in a 'no'.

Manik(surprised): are you serious?

To save Nandu, Abhimanyu jumped into the situation, who along with everyone was eavesdropping the conversation.

Abhi(pleading through his eyes): Manik, let it be. There's a reason behind this aur Nandu tumhe baad mein kabhi samjha degi.

Manik nods ok.

Manik(doubtfully): You seriously are happy, right?

Nandu(assured smilingly): Of course, I am.

Maddy(chuckled): Bhai, vo maan gayi. Jaldi aao and sign the contract now. Mujhe ghar bhi jana hai before my dad starts missing me aur police station ek missing complaint de aaye.

Manik(rolling his eyes): Tujhe itne sade ideas kahan se aate hai.

Mukti(teased): Manik, iss joker ke saath rehkar Maddy bhi aise hi ho gaya.

Cabir(boasted): Mukti ji, I know aapko mere upar ati prem hai, lekin duniya ke sare ajoobo ke credits mujhe na de. Vo kya hai na, I am kind-hearted aur Maddy bura maan jayega.

Maddy glared him while Mukti was about to punch him when Nyo stopped them and asked them to sign the contract papers. After signing the contract papers she distributed sweets to everyone. Maddy left home after some time. Abhi also took Nandu to his home as it's been long since she met his parents.