Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Lauren?"

I could hear a voice calling out to me, but my eyes would not open to see who it was, no matter how angelic the voice may be. Why wouldn't my eyes open? The answer is simple.

I WANT TO SLEEP!

"Lauren!"

"Go away!" I groaned, throwing a pillow in the direction of the sleep depriving voice.

"Get up!" Hunter yelled, smacking me in the head with a pillow. "We're gonna be late for school!"

Grunting, I began to sit up, and I didn't hesitate to glare at Hunter in the process.

"Why are you in my house?" I asked while sleepily rubbing my eyes, trying to wake up.

"To wake your ass up!" Hunter chuckled.

I let out another groan escape my lips as I fell back into my bed, trying to go back to the comfort of my pillow. Looking back at Hunter, I gave him my best puppy-eyes with a cute pout.

"Can't we just sleep in today?"

Hunter chuckled again, my pleading look clearly not affecting him. "No. Now get up before your brother gets up."

Oh, yeah. I forgot my brother showed up out of the blue last night. Just thinking about him loads stress onto my body.

"But-but-" I began, trying to find an excuse to not get out of bed. "I think I'm paralyzed from the neck down now."

"Come on!" Hunter chuckled. "If we don't have to see him, I'll get you some breakfast!"

The thought of food made my tummy grumble with excitement, making my body a little motivated to get out of bed. An embarrassed blush crept to my cheeks, making Hunter laugh. Geez, is laughing at me the only thing he can do today? As I was getting up to attempt to actually get out of bed, my door barged open.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Hunter's head snapped towards Patrick who was standing at my doorway.

Does this mean I don't get breakfast?

"I'm taking Lauren to school." Hunter said with a firm glare on Patrick. He had an obvious hatred for my brother, but I didn't understand why. Its not like he cares THAT much about someone hurting me. Does he?

"I'm perfectly capable of taking her to school." Patrick retorted, returning Hunter's glare.

"You were also perfectly capable of not leaving her!" Hunter shouted. I could see Patrick's eyes fill with sadness and regret.