CHAP IV | Italian Sisters

The maid felt uneasy. She told herself she hadn't done anything wrong- she was protecting the Kirkland household! She tried looking bravely at the Scottish woman, only to turn after 10 seconds and bolt towards the door.

Ceinwen cried out in alarm, but Nessie was already on it. The maid panted as she whipped around numerous servants, trying to keep her eyes focused on the door. She wanted to get out of this place; she definitely didn't want to be interrogated by the red-headed woman.

Her eyes widened as she saw the light of the outside world, and she made a few final leaps- only to be caught by the collar, almost getting choked to death in the process. Nessie looked unimpressed and turned the girl around to face her.

"So, what happened?" Nessie asked in a poisonous tone.

"I don't know anything!" she wailed back, panicking.

"Well, you obviously know something, you running away from me so I wouldn't know the truth."

The maid whimpered by Nessie's logical reply to her wails, unable to think of anything to say back. She gulped, spewing out quickly what happened. "TheitaliansisterscamebyandtheywentintothebasementtofindRose."

Nessie raised an eyebrow. The maid gulped.

"AndIsentguardstogetthemb-b-b-ut theydisappeared." Nessie dropped her.

"Keep your job," she muttered. "You can all go home now; we'll be taking care of the situation."

The maid scrambled away with the other servants.

<hr>

Alice didn't know where she was. In fact, her head was groggy and all she felt like doing was throwing up on whatever surface she was on.

"Are you okay?" a gentle voice asked, shaking her. Alice groaned, turning over and blinking at the person who was asking. She was met by soft brown eyes, which startled Alice, making her jump. The girl who asked her if she was okay had a small reaction as well to Alice's jump.

"Eh…are you alright?" the Asian girl asked, concern all over her face. Alice was about to say something, when she had the sudden urge to throw up.

"Bathroom." She moaned, staggering and gripping the Asian girl's shoulder. The Asian girl looked around, in case there were any people around to help. Alice couldn't help but notice that the Asian girl was wearing a very nice green coloured dress- which didn't really help Alice as the green seemed to trigger her urge to vomit more.

"Excuse me!" the Asian called out, bringing a maid over. Alice blacked out, as the overwhelming feeling of sickness began to increase.

"Please bring her to the office," Lien asked, as the maid nodded and picked Alice up. Lien sighed in relief as the European was escorted to a safe place.

Lien was rather puzzled; it was startling for her to find a random girl passed out in the hallway. European; which was even stranger, considering the place the girl had passed out was the Asian division of the World Building. Lien was about to ponder on her thoughts as a familiar cute voice called out.

"Jie-jie!" Mei called out, pink flowers adorning her hair. Lien turned around and smiled at the younger nation.

"Yes, Mei?" she asked, a small unnoticeable smile on her lips.

"Who were you talking to?" Mei chirped.

"Ah, I just asked a maid to drop something off. I thought you were with Maria?" Lien didn't Mei to start babbling this to her brothers.

"Maria went home; she didn't need to stay here any longer." Lien felt a bit sad at that. She did want to have a small chat to Maria, representation of the Philippines. "Are you going too?" Mei whined, not wanting to be left with her Sensei and brothers.