29

Abhay arrived just in time and we left for the cafe.

"Why are we going out?" Abhay asked me with his gaze still focused on the road.

"I just wanted to go out, so..." I gave a very vague answer trying to be not too suspicious.

"Okay?" Abhay said but it sounded more like a question.

The rest of the journey went quiet and we reached the cafe just in time. We climbed out of the car and made our way inside. I looked around to see if Komal Di was there. I saw her sitting by herself in a booth at the end of the cafe.

"Abhay!" I called as he made his way forward.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I-I think I forgot my phone in the c-car." I said while stuttering. My face had gone hot and I wished Abhay didn't catch my lie.

"You're acting really weird. Is everything fine?" He asked and quickly nodded my head. He looked at me unsure.

"Okay, go and bring it. I'll go find us a booth." He said, looking around.

"Look for a booth at the end please." I said and quickly rushed out of the restaurant before he could ask me any other question.

Abhay:

I don't know why but Aditi was behaving very weird. It was as if she wanted to leave me alone in this cafe, as if she had planned something.

My eyes wandered around the cafe as I looked for an empty table. My gaze stopped at a very familiar figure, sitting by the window at the end of the restaurant. She was busy in her phone. I kept looking at her, asking myself if this was a dream or reality.

She suddenly turned around and locked her gaze with mine. She hadn't changed, at all. She still had those brown hair with streaks. The same spectacles. The same crooked teeth. I felt tears coming to my eyes as I rewinded all our memories.

She stood up and walked towards me. I was frozen, I couldn't move. She stopped in front of me and it was in that moment I realized how much I had missed her.