09

"It all comes down to the person you look for in a crowded room

  "It all comes down to the person you look for in a crowded room. " 

As I ran towards the washroom, I could hear someone running behind me

As I ran towards the washroom, I could hear someone running behind me. I knew who it was so I didn't look back and just kept running. As I entered the washroom, I quickly closed the door behind me and went to stand in front of the mirror. I looked in the mirror to see a pathetically weak girl. Tears were streaming down my eyes, my hair were all messed up. I looked horrible. I could hear Abhay banging on the door and begging me to open it but I chose to ignore it. 

I turned the tap on to ignore all his shouts, and cries. I couldn't believe that he could do such a thing. I trusted him and he crushed it. I shouldn't have expected him to be my friend. I shouldn't have fallen into his trap. I shouldn't have let him drop me home. I shouldn't have talked to him.

And I thought he was going to change and I actually thought that I was starting to like him...

I waited for Abhay to go so that I could leave. I spent the whole period in the washroom to avoid him. The bell rang indicating the beginning of third period and girls started coming into the washroom. I took this as my chance and got out of the washroom.

I knew one place, where I would find solace at such a moment, one place, where no one will try to find me. So, I sprinted down to the library and decided to spend some time with my best friends, books.

As soon as I entered the library, I went to find the books of my favourite writer Nicholas Sparks. His books always give me solace and I always find myself getting lost in the way he plays with words.

I found one of my favourite books of his 'Message In A Bottle'. 

My phone was blasting with messages from everyone. Shubman, Pragya and even Amrita, everyone was messaging and asking me where I was. I know it wasn't their fault, and I was being selfish but I wanted some time alone, away from everyone, away from Abhay. I simply ignored them and continue reading my book.

  "If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go."  I heard someone say. I didn't look up because I knew exactly who it was. He came and sat beside me and took the book from my hands.

"Hey! Give it back." I exclaimed.

"Shhhh, we're in a library." Abhay said while keeping a finger on his lips. I was so angry and so pissed off that I could snap his head into two pieces right now. 

"D, it wasn't me. You've to listen to me." I felt happy that he called me D but looking at him made me feel only one thing, betrayal. He took my hand into his and began saying something when I took my hand from his. I threw the book on the table and went to one of the book racks. 

I was looking through the books when I felt someone's presence behind me. I didn't turn around. He held my upper arm and turned me around so that I was facing him. He then slammed me into the book shelf while still maintaining his deadly grip on my arm. He closed the distance between us, so that our chests were touching.

I started wiggling and tried to get his grip off me. I started hitting his hand which was holding my arm in a deadly grip while silent tears flowed down my eyes. I kept hitting and hitting until I got tired. As my hits became slow and weak, I slowly dropped my head against the rack and kept asking him to leave me. Silent tears kept streaming down my eyes and I closed them because of the burning sensation. 

I kept taking deep breaths. Those pictures and that caption kept flashing in front of my eyes. I felt Abhay wipe my tears with his hands. I kept my eyes closed the whole time. He softly caressed my cheeks and slowly leaned his forehead against time. I could feel his breath on my lips.

"I'm sorry Aditi." he said and I couldn't believe it. The stone hearted bad boy of our college, who never apologises was here saying sorry to me.

"It wasn't me Aditi. You've to believe me. And I swear once I find out who it was, I'm gonna hunt them down and beat the shit out of them."

Even with my eyes closed I could feel the anger radiating from him. I could imagine the smoke coming out of his ears. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him, with his eyes closed and forehead leaning against mine. I could also see the veins popping out of his neck, showing how angry he was.

I firmly put my hands on his chest and pushed him away from me. He looked at me wide-eyed because of the sudden action.

"Talk to me, when you can prove you aren't guilty and when you find who it was. Don't show me your face before that."

God, I got some major feels while writing that! 

Do comment and vote if you like and please don't be a ghost reader!

Much love,

Aay.